+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Thankyou. I'm still not too sure about 6 month stay, although someone recently in this thread shared IRCC agent's response which states that if they specifically do not give you a return date stamp, then person can stay upto 6 months. I guess we should believe agent's word.
Regarding Covid test lot of people are getting done from private labs as well like Lal path lab have really good reputation. As long as a person has nicely printed report which includes all essential details, there shouldn't be a problem. Not everyone is able to get hold of ICMR approved lab but if you can, go for it. Yes text confirmation is asked from each and every passenger.
what is Text confirmation ? Is it something which is sent to person's mobile phone who is giving the test ?

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Tbh, I don't know man . What does CIC website say about immediate family member of a work permit holder? Are they allowed to travel on TRV at this moment? If yes, then you are good. Nothing to worry about.
yes it looks like they dont have issue on compassionate grounds

ravi2018

Oct 18, 2018
Hi All,

FIrst of all ,Thanks all for the valuable informatons posted here. My situation is I applied for a visiting Visa for my mother on Jan 2021

Application Submitted Date : Jan 10th 2021

Biometrics Letter Request : Jan 11th

My Wife is pregnant and due on May 16th. I have mentioned that in my application. Can I request for exemption for compassionate reasons

Since no Biometrics applications are processing for Visit Visa currently , I am stuck and not sure how to proceed. I heard about PHAC from this thread. Can Some one please adivse how to process application through PHAC and how to get a PHAC approval.

And is it possible since I already submitted an application online. Any advise will be much appreciated. Thanks

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hi All,

FIrst of all ,Thanks all for the valuable informatons posted here. My situation is I applied for a visiting Visa for my mother on Jan 2021

Application Submitted Date : Jan 10th 2021

Biometrics Letter Request : Jan 11th

My Wife is pregnant and due on May 16th. I have mentioned that in my application. Can I request for exemption for compassionate reasons

Since no Biometrics applications are processing for Visit Visa currently , I am stuck and not sure how to proceed. I heard about PHAC from this thread. Can Some one please adivse how to process application through PHAC and how to get a PHAC approval.

And is it possible since I already submitted an application online. Any advise will be much appreciated. Thanks
Please try to follow this link, read it carefully and there is already post on this explained in detail by @sb0821 very nicely, try to follow that. There might be some changes in the form but other then that, rest of the process is same.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

Reactions: ravi2018

JenIN-CA

Aug 7, 2019
Hi All,
Today I got approval for single entry visa for my parents and in the visa documents the visa expiry date is less than 90 days. Expiry date of visa means the date by which we need to land in Canada or leave Canada? Also they have mentioned one comment "Once in Canada, if you need to extend your visitor status, you should submit an application online before your status expires. The expiry date of your visa is listed above". Has anyone got similar comments in visa documents?
did you submit PHAC form for both mom and dad?

JenIN-CA

Aug 7, 2019
Can someone help me please,
My delivery due is March 24. I am applying visitor visa for my Parents with PHCA . I want both my dad and mom to come. So in that PHCA form should I mention both of their names as travellers? Or it should only be for my mother? How does it work?

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi i m a PR here in Canada my father, indian national has a valid visitor Visa is visiting to stay with me for 5 months. I have booked him in Emirates will he be denied boarding because he is not traveling via the air bubble flight like Air India or Air Canada.

Arshveer deol

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
@Mac2015
Yes, I have submitted an application for PHAC approval just 5 minutes back. I really don't care even if it is a Single entry visa. Right now my wife needs her mother's support. Will do another application in the future if we get a single entry visa.

I really don't have any idea of how this PHCA approval helps us but I did submit.

Do you think this PHAC approval will speed up our Visitor visa application?
Hi can you explain how to submit application for phac..i have a newborn..my husband is in india i want to apply his visitor visa

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hi, every one I made a mistake on visitor visa form. I end up putting mailing address as Canadian address for super visa. I just got Biometric letter with Canadian address at top, will this affect when my mother in law goes to get biometric done in India? Does this mean if she is approve for visa, she will get her visa sent to Canadian address?

Any help please and thanks!

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Hi can you explain how to submit application for phac..i have a newborn..my husband is in india i want to apply his visitor visa
If you will go through this complete thread. you will surely find all the process and answers to your question. I am just copying the process of applying visa and PHAC below.

Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).
2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.
Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week.
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

For any further questions, read all the pages of this thread, all answers are here.

Chena1401

Jan 23, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone has this experience, but any help would be appreciated.

I applied for a spousal TRV from India last year to visit my partner, i completed my biometrics. Due to COVID and 8+ months processing time i am still yet to hear back from CIC.

My partner got to know of her pregnancy after TRV was submitted last year and we are expecting the baby by 1st week of March 2021.

Considering she is alone and needs support during delivery and postpartum. We are confused whether to;

1. Apply for a PHAC (when the original TRV did not mention pregnancy) OR
2. Wait for the outcome of the normal Visitor Visa (which could delay and come after delivery) OR
3. Update the online TRV to include pregnancy and apply for PHAC.
4. Can we apply PHAC even when the original TRV stated "normal visa"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
You are confused. Going through PHAC, if approved, is prioritizing your original TRV application.
You are not re-applying anything new.

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone has this experience, but any help would be appreciated.

I applied for a spousal TRV from India last year to visit my partner, i completed my biometrics. Due to COVID and 8+ months processing time i am still yet to hear back from CIC.

My partner got to know of her pregnancy after TRV was submitted last year and we are expecting the baby by 1st week of March 2021.

Considering she is alone and needs support during delivery and postpartum. We are confused whether to;

1. Apply for a PHAC (when the original TRV did not mention pregnancy) OR
2. Wait for the outcome of the normal Visitor Visa (which could delay and come after delivery) OR
3. Update the online TRV to include pregnancy and apply for PHAC.
4. Can we apply PHAC even when the original TRV stated "normal visa"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Chena1401

Jan 23, 2021
You are confused. Going through PHAC, if approved, is prioritizing your original TRV application.
You are not re-applying anything new.
My concern is that the original TRV did not mention pregnancy but if PHAC states pregnancy care as reason will that not be a conflicting reason and does it affect chances of approval