+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Wife while my status PGWP

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
Hello Friends,

I need your advice, I am in Canada since 2010. I was married in 2008 ,I came to Canada as a Student Now I am graduate and working as a skilled worker in my field job. I applied for my wife's visitor visa twice when my status was Student, but got rejected .

Now I am on Post graduate Work permit, What can I do to bring her here in Canada as a visitor

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
jackpatel said:
Hello Friends,

I need your advice, I am in Canada since 2010. I was married in 2008 ,I came to Canada as a Student Now I am graduate and working as a skilled worker in my field job. I applied for my wife's visitor visa twice when my status was Student, but got rejected .

Now I am on Post graduate Work permit, What can I do to bring her here in Canada as a visitor
Dude, i dont understand this. I mean, spouse always accompanies the hubby when the later is on a student visa and even works on a OWP. what went wrong?? U can read lot of other discussions regarding this case on this forum. I am also planning to apply as a student and shall place my wife's file along with mine. I have 3-4 frds there in canada who have gone along with their wife.. i fail to understand ur situation.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
raj_009 said:
Dude, i dont understand this. I mean, spouse always accompanies the hubby when the later is on a student visa and even works on a OWP. what went wrong?? U can read lot of other discussions regarding this case on this forum. I am also planning to apply as a student and shall place my wife's file along with mine. I have 3-4 frds there in canada who have gone along with their wife.. i fail to understand ur situation.
well not always people can apply together in OPs case he must have chosen to apply later for his wife. its sometimes could be safer for the principle applicant to apply alone without spouse as visa chances increase.

@ jackpatel
can u give more info on ur spouses application like what documents did u attach? what was ur financial status? what is ur spouses qualification , what was the reason for rejection etc. yes u can apply for visitors visa for spouse but for OWP u need to be working in NOC 0,A or B to qualify.

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
Thanks guys for your response.

Yes I didn't include my wife's visa application with my student visa because I had a gap of 8 years and to increase the chance of visa I didn't included her in my application. I am working as IT Network Administrator and the pay is 17/hr since last 4 months, I graduated in dec 2012.
When I applied both the times for my wife my status was student and was doing a co-op job. Both the times the reason for rejection were "family ties" I don't understand that I showed our Marriage Certificate, Wedding's Pictures, My Cell Record, Our chat sessions, I showed 5k in Canada and about 15k back in india. My wife is a house wife and I am the only person in my house who is working, (Family-Me, My wife and my mom)

Can anyone guide me what can I do? My friend just got married and he got her wife's visa just after 3 months of wedding. They are even rejecting the Visitor Visa, Doesn't make Sense.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
jackpatel said:
Thanks guys for your response.

Yes I didn't include my wife's visa application with my student visa because I had a gap of 8 years and to increase the chance of visa I didn't included her in my application. I am working as IT Network Administrator and the pay is 17/hr since last 4 months, I graduated in dec 2012.
When I applied both the times for my wife my status was student and was doing a co-op job. Both the times the reason for rejection were "family ties" I don't understand that I showed our Marriage Certificate, Wedding's Pictures, My Cell Record, Our chat sessions, I showed 5k in Canada and about 15k back in india. My wife is a house wife and I am the only person in my house who is working, (Family-Me, My wife and my mom)

Can anyone guide me what can I do? My friend just got married and he got her wife's visa just after 3 months of wedding. They are even rejecting the Visitor Visa, Doesn't make Sense.
duration of wedding is not ur problem . When u were a student u need to show funds for ur tuition plus funds to support u and ur wife i am sure $20k was not enough. by family ties means that u do not have enough ties to ur home country that would force u back. if u have any property or any other such liability that would force u back to ur home country u should add those documents. chat records etc is not needed ...u should attach marriage cert, wedding pic is ok if u want to but i would suggest remove them too unless asked. attach ur visa PGWP copies attach ur wifes study history work history etc. also make sure u have enough money to support both of u in canada ... since now ur working pay stubs or tax returns would help too....

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
Thanks for the reply,

Okay at that time the case was different I was on Student Visa, What do you think about now? I am a full time Worker I job falls under NOC A. What are the chances? how much bank balance should I show? Will Property on my name shows her ties to our home country?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackpatel said:
I am a full time Worker I job falls under NOC A. What are the chances? how much bank balance should I show?
You have good chances. How long have you been working? I would say you should have 3 to 6 months earnings in your saving account to be on a safe side.

Will Property on my name shows her ties to our home country?
No. NEVER CIC accept a property as a tie. NEVER. People buy and sell properties never being in the country. Your wife can sell her property from Canada in a day :) giving an affidavit to do so to her mother/father/sibling in her home country .

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
jackpatel said:
Thanks for the reply,

Okay at that time the case was different I was on Student Visa, What do you think about now? I am a full time Worker I job falls under NOC A. What are the chances? how much bank balance should I show? Will Property on my name shows her ties to our home country?
property documents will help for home ties......

srisrikanth

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
LANDED..........
09-08-2013
jackpatel said:
Thanks for the reply,

Did you tried applying online for spouse visa, it is the best and easiest way to apply. I am on student visa came in September intake and i applied in November for my wife with only marriage certificate, i didn't even submitted my passport copies i just wrote my visa details in her sop. she got visa in 1 month time. We showed only 4k funds in her bank account.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We showed only 4k funds in her bank account.
That is a MINIMUM what CIC requests for a "dependent" for a year. So 3 months earning is "to be on a safe side". You were a student , usually students are not the richest persons in the world.

And OP is WORKING and should show a little bit more than just a minimum. ;)

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
srisrikanth said:
Did you tried applying online for spouse visa, it is the best and easiest way to apply. I am on student visa came in September intake and i applied in November for my wife with only marriage certificate, i didn't even submitted my passport copies i just wrote my visa details in her sop. she got visa in 1 month time. We showed only 4k funds in her bank account.
This post brings a sort of relief to me, since m also planning to go along with spouse..Thanks for the post srisrikanth.. nice work.

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
Hello Guys,

I am planning to apply for my wife's visa again. The problem is she is a house wife, we don't have kids How can I prove that she will return to india before her visitor visa expires