Here is my background-
- I am an Indian citizen
- Married to Indian man
- Married 3 months back
- I am a housewife at present, worked for 6years in India

About him
- Husband is employed in Canada
- Husband is having PR

I want to visit him. Which Visa should i apply for? What's the best approach to get visa (any). As a spouse can i apply for visitor visa in the case when husband is having PR.

Kindly Advice?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Quite honestly, the chances of you getting a TRV (visitor visa) are almost nil. That's because you are not employed + your husband is a PR.

It would be best if your husband applies for your PR under Family Class Sponsorship instead

Sneha02hr

Sep 1, 2017
Quite honestly, the chances of you getting a TRV (visitor visa) are almost nil. That's because you are not employed + your husband is a PR.

It would be best if your husband applies for your PR under Family Class Sponsorship instead
Thank you Bryanna for swift reply :)

Yeah, PR is the best option but as far i am aware the complete process takes almost 8-12months :( is there any option which can accelerate my visit.

Sneha02hr

Sep 1, 2017
No other option other than applying for PR. That's your best solution :)
Hmm..ok.. Thank you so much.

Probably how much time will sponsor take.
Have few queries related to sponsor:-
1. I have decree in hindi which needs a translation in english, thats been done. But am not clear who will be declaring its translation to be true. Pls advise.
2. Could you pls share a quick and most important documents required.
3. Any personal conversations pre and post marriage (watsapp chat, email, call logs, other conversation medium) are in hindi, does that needs to be converted into english. We ourselves can convert or it needs to be converted through some professionals.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I recommend you move over to the Family Class Sponsorship section as you will get better responses there.

1. I have decree in hindi which needs a translation in english, thats been done. But am not clear who will be declaring its translation to be true. Pls advise.
Is this a divorce decree? Anyways.

All translations must be certified translations. This means you must submit an affidavit from the translator which states the translation is true and correct in every way + a notarized copy of the original language document + the document which is translated into English.

3. Any personal conversations pre and post marriage (watsapp chat, email, call logs, other conversation medium) are in hindi, does that needs to be converted into english. We ourselves can convert or it needs to be converted through some professionals.
Do check if the New Delhi visa office (NDVO) accepts evidence in Hindi as proof of relationship. If is not accepted, you'll need to translate key conversations into English. Again, you'll need to submit certified translations

Last edited:

Sneha02hr

Sep 1, 2017
I recommend you move over to the Family Class Sponsorship section as you will get better responses there.

Is this a divorce decree? Anyways.

All translations must be certified translations. This means you must submit an affidavit from the translator which states the translation is true and correct in every way + a notarized copy of the original language document + the document which is translated into English.

Do check if the New Delhi visa office (NDVO) accepts evidence in Hindi as proof of relationship. If is not accepted, you'll need to translate key conversations into English. Again, you'll need to submit certified translations
Thank you.