+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for parents - Two different representative forms confusion

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hi,

I am a PR and would like to apply for visitors visa for my parents. On creating online myCIC account for my dad and also adding my mom as a family member, I went through the steps to generate the checklist.

Since I am applying from Canada on their behalf, i selected the option that they are using a representative.

My confusion is that it asks me for two mandatory forms
- use of a rep
- use if a family member rep

Now in some of the forums here I got to know that only one form is applicable. Could you guide me if I did the right thing? Or should I delete this application and generate another one?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I am a PR and would like to apply for visitors visa for my parents. On creating online myCIC account for my dad and also adding my mom as a family member, I went through the steps to generate the checklist.

Since I am applying from Canada on their behalf, i selected the option that they are using a representative.

My confusion is that it asks me for two mandatory forms
- use of a rep
- use if a family member rep

Now in some of the forums here I got to know that only one form is applicable. Could you guide me if I did the right thing? Or should I delete this application and generate another one?
Online account of your dad + one Use of representative form (IMM 5476) signed by your mom authorizing your dad to represent her

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Do you mean to say "Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)" ?

Nitulapointe

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
India
In that case, it is IMM 5713.

You won't be applying as their authorized rep. Your dad will be her authorized rep
Hi Bryaana, I am not sure how to directly message but i need help with online application as well. I am applying for my parents visitors visa. I made Mycic account for my father. Now my confusion is where to upload my mother's forms ??? When I log in to my father's account all it asked me to upload is his documents.. where/how can i add my mother as an applicant too ??? or do I need to create a separate account for her ??

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks . Also for the letter of invitation, if I understand correctly I will be addressing it to the Visa officer. Is it necessary to put my signature in it (as in a hard copy)? Or if I can put my signature digital picture below in the MS word letter?

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Question 2 ) is it better that I (as a PR) invite them as I am their son, or my cousin sister applies (she is a citizen)? Will me being their only child reduce their chances to get approved?

Q 3) If I write the invitation letter , is it necessary to put my wife's PR card & other identity or income proofs as well? Or only mine alone should do (I am planning to put only mine)?

Q 4) I understand that as a visitor they need to show their own finances, so I am not including my bank statements in the letter. Only putting my last 3 salary slips (with residential address given) . I hope this is fine.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks . Also for the letter of invitation, if I understand correctly I will be addressing it to the Visa officer. Is it necessary to put my signature in it (as in a hard copy)? Or if I can put my signature digital picture below in the MS word letter?
Print>> Hand sign>> Scan>> Upload

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Question 2 ) is it better that I (as a PR) invite them as I am their son, or my cousin sister applies (she is a citizen)? Will me being their only child reduce their chances to get approved?
You

Q 3) If I write the invitation letter , is it necessary to put my wife's PR card & other identity or income proofs as well? Or only mine alone should do (I am planning to put only mine)?
Only your documents, but you can state you are married

Q 4) I understand that as a visitor they need to show their own finances, so I am not including my bank statements in the letter. Only putting my last 3 salary slips (with residential address given) . I hope this is fine.
You can include your bank statement + NOA (if available) + copies of your passport and PR card

Reactions: SoSaPB