+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents (Strong Ties)

Captmario

Nov 2, 2018
I have been researching visitors visa for my parents for some time now and i have a few questions if anyone can help answer them i will appreciate it as i want my parents to visit me in Canada for a month or two.

Referring to the requirement of having strong ties with your home country;

1) My father is self employed individual and he can provide following documents to prove his employment; business incorporation documents, annual tax returns, business bank account (on his name but reflecting business inflows and outflows). Are these documents sufficient to prove strong ties?

2) Family ties? my parents have their parents living back home and have close ties with them however me and my sister (their only two children) are currently residing in Canada as PRs (recently moved within less than a year). How can we prove strong family ties back home in this case? ID documents of parents and their parents? Same residential address with their parents?

3) Will property documents of the place they are living in suffice for home and financial assets requirement? Or a decent back statement is good enough to prove financial assets requirement? Furthermore, can bank statements of their children reinforce the financial strength requirement or "having enough money for your stay" requirement?

What other ways are there to prove strong ties with your home country apart from this? In summary they have strong financial ties to home but all their children are currently residing in Canada.

Also, how do i convince an immigration that they will leave at the end of their stay? furthermore which ADR is most frequently received

Lastly, if anyone can provide sample invitation letters or links to threads having such formats will also be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and links to any other topics with similar questions/discussions will also be appreciated.

Reactions: chinesecanadian87