+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for parents and brother

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hello experts,

I am living in Canada and PR since last October. I am getting married in Canada and I am applying for my parents and brother's visiting visa. My mother has a job and my father runs his transport business. My brother is 26 years old and due to low IQ, is dependant on my parents financially and also to lead everyday life. I will be providing free accommodation and food for them they are planning for 2 weeks. Please kinsly verify the following documents. And advise as per you knowledge if I need to add more-

Could you please verify the following documents that I plan to submit-
For my mother (who works in a hospital)-
-salary stubs
-promotion letters from her work
-A letter from work granting her leave to go to Canada for 2 weeks with dates
-the apartment papers which is in her name (urban area)
-An affidavit (in english) detailing the land she owns in rural area (Land paper which is in her name is not in english)
-bank statements (to show steady income, though the income is used up in investments)
-last two years ITR
-marriage certificate

For my father (who runs his own business)-
-Rent agreement for property in in urban area
-Rent agreement for property in rural area
-quarterly TDS detailing the payments he receives for his business
-bank statements (again, to show steady income, but not much of liquid cash present)
-Last two years ITR
-An affidavit that lists his properties (as the papers are not in English)
-Fixed deposits worth around 20000 CAD

For my brother (He is 26 years old, but dependent (financially) on my parents due to learning disabilities; physically he is healthy)
-His latest Open School exam results (which he gave this year)
-His enrollment to Open school (he still has to pass certain subjects, hence enrolled again)
-He is financially not independent and neither can he lead life independently because of low IQ and learning disability, hence he is the nominee to all the fixed deposits that are in my fathers name as of now.
-Birth certificate

What more can I submit for my brother to prove his dependence on my parents and ties to home country? Does he need money separately in his account?

Also, Does my mother need money in her name explicitly? she might have about 2000 cad in her bank balance, but no Fixed deposits. Will my father's finances be enough and be considered for all three of them? Should I put my father of mother as the primary applicant? I am confused as my mom has the job letters and the finances are in my fathers name (though my mom does have properties in her name).

Thanks in advance

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Is your brother a legal dependant? I.e. does he has any document from the doctor that he is unable to provide himself?

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Is your brother a legal dependant? I.e. does he has any document from the doctor that he is unable to provide himself?
He does not have any document of that sort. But we do have his IQ report. We can get his mental health evaluated and get a report on that as well. i was considering that. Would that suffice?

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Well, this might help. You want to demonstrate that he is 1. Dependent, but at the same time 2. Won't make and get any troubles while in Canada. Try to get a documentation that will help to achieve both goals.