+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my mother-in-law to support my wife during pregnancy

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi

I am applying for a visitor visa for my mother-in-law to support my wife during pregnancy.

Please join this thread if you are in the same boat as me or know any information related to this.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your MIL needs to do her biometrics and also find out if she'll be able to send her passport to another country to get it stamped. That may not be possible. She already has her spouse in Canada so having het mother would not be considered as a high priority like if someone was trying to visit a dying relative. In Canada the husband is expected to play and active role in helping his spouse with any domestic chores, shopping and caring for the baby. In most hospital you are only allowed one person with you during your labour and recovery due to covid. Would first figure out if it will be possible to request stamping out of India if she is able to fly abroad to do her biometrics. Would contact the special India covid email address. I have concerns that this may not be possible or, if possible, your MIL may be in a very long waitlist along with thousands of other Indian citizens.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Vikaskumaran96

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Hi

I am applying for a visitor visa for my mother-in-law to support my wife during pregnancy.

Please join this thread if you are in the same boat as me or know any information related to this.

Thanks
Hi ,
Did you get your application approved? Can we state pregnancy as reason for visit?