+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my Filipina Wife

Mar 30, 2013
Hello All:

Recently, my wife (who lives in the Philippines) and I (who am born and live in Canada) hired a consultant to apply for a 6 month visitor visa for my wife to come visit me in Canada. Although we do plan to go through the spousal sponsorship application process we are still waiting for paperwork before we can apply for that program, my wife visited her Sister in Germany for a year and also worked in Saudi Arabia for 3 years (both times she left the philippines she returned when she was supposed to) so we are waiting for Police Good Conduct certificates from those countries. If your PR application is not complete it will be rejected out of hand.

In our application for a visitor visa, I submitted a notarized affidavit of financial support, a letter from my employer confirming my longterm employment and salary paid etc, my bank account records... as well as a letter to the Canadian Embassy (visa issuing division) imploring them to understand that my wife will return to Manila at the end of the 6 months as we do not want anything to affect our sponsorhip application later.

Now everything I have read recently indicates that our effort here is doomed, so my question is...Are there any Philippine Nationals who have successfully received a visitor visa to visit your spouse in Canada? I just don't know if we can suffer a disappointment by having this rejected, we miss each other so very much.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to hire a consultant for a 6 months visitor visa. It doesn't speed up or increase the probability of getting the visa approved. Pretty straight forward to do it yourself.

BTW, you can visit her in Hong Kong. You don't need a visa to visit Hong Kong.

Mar 30, 2013
Update: So yesterday my wife was requested by email to have a medical exam for the Visitor Visa application process. We feel that this is a good indication that she may be accepted. Any comments?

lizel

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 09, 2013
AOR Received.
January 26, 2013
Med's Done....
December 12, 2012
Passport Req..
JULY 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 2013
missingmyspouse52 said:
Update: So yesterday my wife was requested by email to have a medical exam for the Visitor Visa application process. We feel that this is a good indication that she may be accepted. Any comments?

Hi pinay ako sa tingin ko ma approve ang trv niya. Ilang months inapplyan niyo? Goodluck and godbless

einahpets85

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
Med's Done....
April 17, 2013
Passport Req..
November 19, 2013, passport received by embassy: Dec.5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 20,2014
missingmyspouse52 said:
Hello All:

Recently, my wife (who lives in the Philippines) and I (who am born and live in Canada) hired a consultant to apply for a 6 month visitor visa for my wife to come visit me in Canada. Although we do plan to go through the spousal sponsorship application process we are still waiting for paperwork before we can apply for that program, my wife visited her Sister in Germany for a year and also worked in Saudi Arabia for 3 years (both times she left the philippines she returned when she was supposed to) so we are waiting for Police Good Conduct certificates from those countries. If your PR application is not complete it will be rejected out of hand.

In our application for a visitor visa, I submitted a notarized affidavit of financial support, a letter from my employer confirming my longterm employment and salary paid etc, my bank account records... as well as a letter to the Canadian Embassy (visa issuing division) imploring them to understand that my wife will return to Manila at the end of the 6 months as we do not want anything to affect our sponsorhip application later.

Now everything I have read recently indicates that our effort here is doomed, so my question is...Are there any Philippine Nationals who have successfully received a visitor visa to visit your spouse in Canada? I just don't know if we can suffer a disappointment by having this rejected, we miss each other so very much.
were planning to do the same but were scared that if the result will be negative it might affect our PR application. Not really sure though if it will affect or not.

Mar 30, 2013
Just an update....my wife received her TRV visitor visa to Canada and arrived for a six month stay on June 28, 2013. Just wanted to thank you all for your comments.

einahpets85

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
Med's Done....
April 17, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
January 20,2014
missingmyspouse52 said:
Just an update....my wife received her TRV visitor visa to Canada and arrived for a six month stay on June 28, 2013. Just wanted to thank you all for your comments.
I got te visitor visa too :) arrived here in Canada July 21 :)

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
missingmyspouse52 said:
If you want her to stay after the 6month mark, a month before the visa expires request an extension. Explain how you are now sponsoring your wife, and you will likely get it. My wife got two extensions.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
missingmyspouse52 said:
How long did the TRV application take?? My bf has been waiting 5 weeks

einahpets85

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
Med's Done....
April 17, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
January 20,2014
tweetybird said:
How long did the TRV application take?? My bf has been waiting 5 weeks
[/quote/]

18 hours after I submitted my application online, I received a letter from CIC asking me to submit my original passport. they received my passport Friday then Monday they endorsed it to the courier already to return the passport to me.

Mar 30, 2013
davek1979 said:
If you want her to stay after the 6month mark, a month before the visa expires request an extension. Explain how you are now sponsoring your wife, and you will likely get it. My wife got two extensions.
Actually my lawyer has advised to apply for inland sponsorship while she is here on the TRV and he will also apply for the extension and work permit at the same time. He tells me that with the current labour situation at the Canadian Visa centers abroad that this is the best way to go. The government should allow her to stay in Canada while the sponsorship process is taking place and that she will have "Implied Status" in Canada until they reach their decision which could take up to two years or more.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I married my Flipina wife this summer and we are waiting for Good Conduct certificate which is very similar situation to yours. A few days ago, she applied for TRV and I submitted proof of employment. So since we are in very similar situations, and knowing that your wife's TRV was approved, I can sleep easier tonight.

Please let me know how long you had to wait for the TRV. Also, did she apply online or at the Canadian Embassy in Makati?

Mar 30, 2013
O_guy said:
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I married my Flipina wife this summer and we are waiting for Good Conduct certificate which is very similar situation to yours. A few days ago, she applied for TRV and I submitted proof of employment. So since we are in very similar situations, and knowing that your wife's TRV was approved, I can sleep easier tonight.

Please let me know how long you had to wait for the TRV. Also, did she apply online or at the Canadian Embassy in Makati?
She applied in Makati, but we used a consultant to process the paperwork for us. The whole process took 3 months. Good luck with your TRV