+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother-in-law from India to support my wife during pregnancy

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Where did your mother completed the Biometrics?

Your mother is an Immediate family member to you.
We arranged dubai trip for her to get biometrics done.
Yes, mother is an immediate family member to u
but is she an immediate family to a citizen or temporary resident as Ircc have different instructions to reunite with immediate family member who is Citizen & Temporary resident.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
How did you do your biometrics?
I have sent my in-law to Dubai to give her Biometrics. Covid test and visa are required to travel to Dubai and costs about 80k-1lakh for 3-4 days travel for 2 people (My in-law needs help so she has to take her son with her to Dubai).

Note: Only the person giving Biometrics is allowed inside VFS Dubai.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
We arranged dubai trip for her to get biometrics done.
Yes, mother is an immediate family member to u
but is she an immediate family to a citizen or temporary resident as Ircc have different instructions to reunite with immediate family member who is Citizen & Temporary resident.
Share your detail timeline?

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
Applied for my fathers visa on Aug 20 and biometrics were done in Oct 20 .No news after that . Is Delhi visa office working?

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
Hi,

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020

Please let me know if anyone in this situation and timeline so that we can keep in touch here about the updates.

Thanks
I came across many people posting they timeline here.. I applied for my mother in law too.. applied in july.. what I noticed was people who had Biometrics done even in March for visitor visa didn't get any decision yet.. I think its not the Biometrics thats pending your decision or mine or anybody . Ircc decided not to give visa until somepoint they wanted to have safe travel. Be prepared bud.. hopefully things get better. I had to go through the rough and scary times alone.. had baby in August. not to scare you but let your mind be prepared for that too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I came across many people posting they timeline here.. I applied for my mother in law too.. applied in july.. what I noticed was people who had Biometrics done even in March for visitor visa didn't get any decision yet.. I think its not the Biometrics thats pending your decision or mine or anybody . Ircc decided not to give visa until somepoint they wanted to have safe travel. Be prepared bud.. hopefully things get better. I had to go through the rough and scary times alone.. had baby in August. not to scare you but let your mind be prepared for that too.
It is very normal in Canada for only the mother and father to be the ones caring for a baby. At the moment only one person can be with you in the hospital. Caring for a baby is very tiring but it is very possible to do so don't worry too much. If you have no experience with a baby a nurse can show you the basics like changing a diaper, swaddling, etc.

Reactions: Victor paul