+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother after the demise of father

ash412

Nov 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are Canadian PR holders. We lost my father in law recently due to Covid-19 and want my mother-in-law to visit us for 2 months. We are applying for her TRV from India. Since VFS is still closed in India we are looking at long processing time.
I had some queries and am seeking advice for her TRV. Following are the mother-in-law's details.
1. She is a housewife and volunteers with the local municipal corporation and we have a volunteer letter for the same.
2. Her travel history is minimal and she has travelled to Dubai last year for tourism.
3. Property in home country is in the name of my husband and his late father. We are processing transferring to mother-in-law's name but will take a very long time. We have documents to prove she is the legal nominee. We have mentioned that we are sponsoring her travel and other expenses ad she also has CAD 7000 approximately to show in her bank statements.
4. She is currently exempt to travel and we are mentioning covid-19 as the purpose of travel.
5. Invitation letter also mentions all of these details about demise of father and purpose of visit is to reunite with family and spend some quality time.

@Bryanna
I just wanted to get some understanding on chances of approval based on the above points given the whole Covid situation. Anyone else in a similar situation processed TRV? Please do share your experience and thoughts.

Last edited: