+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for father and sibling for attending convocation

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I have completed studies in Canada and graduation ceremony is in June 2023.
I am planning to invite my father and younger sister to attend ceremony,
We are a family of 6 with father , mother ,grandmother , younger brother ,younger sister and me.
Sister is 17 years old.
Sister:
Studying Bachelor in Civil engineering in home country . has to return after the travel for studies. and also take care of mother and grandmother.
Father:
Owns Business with annual income of 30k cad
Leases a land with income of 6k Cad.
Bank Balance of 32k Cad.
Founder member of School.
Properties worth 150kCad in his name
Property worth 300kin grandmother name
Property worth 90k CAD in mothers name.
So, Is these home ties sufficient?? Mother, Grandmother , Brother are not travelling and they are dependent on fathers income..

I suppose " Both father and younger sister are processed on same application since sister is dependent child " . So , does this mean VO make decision on application based on only father's documents or Sister also needs to prove ties to home country? Does it happen that father gets accepted but my sister gets rejected or both are processed as a whole?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will partially depend how much personal savings your father has that are liquid. You need to apply asap for a decent chance of getting a response by the ceremony

Deens

Aug 22, 2020
I have completed studies in Canada and graduation ceremony is in June 2023.
I am planning to invite my father and younger sister to attend ceremony,
We are a family of 6 with father , mother ,grandmother , younger brother ,younger sister and me.
Sister is 17 years old.
Sister:
Studying Bachelor in Civil engineering in home country . has to return after the travel for studies. and also take care of mother and grandmother.
Father:
Owns Business with annual income of 30k cad
Leases a land with income of 6k Cad.
Bank Balance of 32k Cad.
Founder member of School.
Properties worth 150kCad in his name
Property worth 300kin grandmother name
Property worth 90k CAD in mothers name.
So, Is these home ties sufficient?? Mother, Grandmother , Brother are not travelling and they are dependent on fathers income..

I suppose " Both father and younger sister are processed on same application since sister is dependent child " . So , does this mean VO make decision on application based on only father's documents or Sister also needs to prove ties to home country? Does it happen that father gets accepted but my sister gets rejected or both are processed as a whole?
Did u apply? Any updates?