Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully May 2015
Hi,

I am a PR holder in Canada. I need to bring my cousin here to Canada on visitor visa for less than 6 months.

Here are few questions.

1) How can I bring him with me as a sponsor. I just landed last month. I have a bank account. But I cannot show any money in my bank a/c right now.

2) If I can be a sponsor, how much money should I show? What are the kind of proof I need to show?

3) If he has to be sponsor, how much should he show?

4) Will an invitation letter from me help him to get in?

5) My cousin is unemployed. Would that be a problem?

6) What are the other documents he will need.

Thanks
Ranga

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
1) How can I bring him with me as a sponsor. I just landed last month. I have a bank account. But I cannot show any money in my bank a/c right now.
You cannot sponsor him no matter even if you have a good bank account or living in canada for years. a Visit Visa (TRV) cannot be sponsored. TRV is issued or approved on the base of the applicants personal circumstances not on the eligibility or sponsorship of the person whom the applicant will visit.

2) If I can be a sponsor, how much money should I show? What are the kind of proof I need to show?
As you cannot sponsor a visit visa(trv) so no requirements from your side.

3) If he has to be sponsor, how much should he show?
its only he who has to prove his stability, ties to his home country, financial capability etc for that he can provide his (if available) bank statement, job/business documents, assets etc etc..

4) Will an invitation letter from me help him to get in?
an invitation letter will surely help him to justify the below points:-
a)his reasons to visit canada
b) help determine how much funds he needs during his stay in canada
c) a proof that he will be having a place/shelter to live and will be provided with food
d)his ties to canada.

5) My cousin is unemployed. Would that be a problem?
yes it can be a problem unless he is below 18 years of age... for the reason that this will show lack of stability, lack of finances, lack of ties to home country, a risk that he may work illegally in canada or choose not return back to his country etc.

6) What are the other documents he will need.
heart or key of success is good job/business and good earnings and all documents related to these 2 things as these are the basic and imp factors which leads to stability, financial sound situation, ties to home country, reason to return back after the visit.

i hope it helps

nm_Ranga

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11 Dec 14
Med's Done....
24 Dec 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully May 2015
Thanks. One more question.

Even if he is employed and good earnings.. if he will travel on visitor visa... which may require him a holiday of 1 or 2 months.. how to justify the CIC on his long holidays.. Will the CIC not question that how he can take such long leaves...

thx

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
nm_Ranga said:
Thanks. One more question.

Even if he is employed and good earnings.. if he will travel on visitor visa... which may require him a holiday of 1 or 2 months.. how to justify the CIC on his long holidays.. Will the CIC not question that how he can take such long leaves...

thx
btw i didnt understand your point/question clearly..anyhow

Obviously if someone is quoting that he has a good job and at the same time going on a Mega long holidays (i.e for 6 months) every one will get suspicious and the visa officer may take his intentions suspicious. generally a genuine holiday may usually be of few days to few weeks.

if a visa is approved ( no matter even the applicant has quoted that he is going to canada for 1-2 days) it is usually granted for 1 year to 10 years (single or multiple entry). the visa validity is decided by the visa officer and a 1 year visa does not mean that the visitor can stay in canada for upto 1 year. Generally when a visitor enters into canada (NO matter even if he has a 10 year multiple entry visa) he is only allowed to stay in canada upto 6 months. in simple words it means that with a approved visa a person can make a trip to canada and the trip can be upto 6 months long only. Now how many trips he can make to canada depends on number of entries granted. if it is a single entry visa than only 1 trip to canada, if it is multiple entry visa then multiple trips to canada can be made through out the validity of the VISA STICKER.