Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 31st October .... Decision Made - 22nd Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very soooooooooooooooooon
Hello guys,

Please help me!

My brother and his wife along with my uncle's daughter who is unmarried applied for U.S travel visa last month and with god's grace they all got their travel visas valid for 10 years. Now, my brother and my cousin sister were denied Canadian tourist visa last year and that time my brother wasn't married. This year, my family wanted to travel both U.S and Canada, also my brother wanted to be here with me for the Rakhi festival coming on 29th August.

:) :)Good news is that my brother and his wife received their stamped visas on July 31st 2015 and we are still waiting for my cousin sisters visa. I am extremely nervous for her visa, as she is not my real sister and she is unmarried. However, she hold a valid US visa stamped last month.

Please tell me what are the chances of her visa? :-[

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Shivani,

It's impossible for any of us to say whether or not your cousin will be issued a TRV. It depends on the ties she has shown to India + purpose and duration of visit, etc + if she has addressed the reasons for the previous TRV refusal

All the best :)

shivanidixit123

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2013
AOR Received.
7-April-2013
File Transfer...
18 April-2013
Med's Done....
Medical Received on 24th Dec. 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 31st October .... Decision Made - 22nd Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very soooooooooooooooooon
Bryanna said:
Hi Shivani,

It's impossible for any of us to say whether or not your cousin will be issued a TRV. It depends on the ties she has shown to India + purpose and duration of visit, etc + if she has addressed the reasons for the previous TRV refusal

All the best :)

Hello Bryaana, thanks for the response.

I know what you mean. But then, does the U.S travel visa hold any weightage? She has answered all the rejection reasons and have shown ties like she living with her mother, brother and grandparents. She has to join the job on Oct. 1st, show the supporting documents for that. She recently completed her masters. Since her father passed away in 2005, my father has been taking care of her and the family. My father has sponsored her trip and gave all the property documents.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Shivani,

If your cousin has good travel history (including previous travel to the US) then it could help her - to some extent - for a Canada TRV.... because this would indicate that she is not likely to overstay her visit.... and she has history of returning to her home country after each visit.

Merely getting a visa will not help to obtain the visa of another country per se. It only means that the applicant was able to meet the visa requirements of that country.

Existing employment/job to go back to.... are good ties.... so are family ties.

Has your dad legally transferred all his property to your cousin?

Either which way (as you have already applied), you'll have to wait and see what decision the visa officer makes

Don't worry :)

Aug 27, 2015
delhi
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
delh
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
i applied 4 my brother and his wife on 20th may 2015 online chandigarh visa office but did not got any reply ??
can anyone help me what to do now???

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
gagandeepright said:
i applied 4 my brother and his wife on 20th may 2015 online chandigarh visa office but did not got any reply ??
can anyone help me what to do now???
You can send a Case Specific Enquiry to the Chandigarh visa office

Qiaoliya

Sep 1, 2015
Re:visitor visa declined due to lack of family ties

hello,i am a nigerian but i am presently a student in china and i applied for visitors visa to visit canada during my summer holiday.But my visa was declined due to "no proof of family ties to canada and country of residence.
my aunty is inviting me.she is a canada citizen and she is the one to sponsor my trip throughout my stay in canada. i am a student therefore, i have no assets,property or huge amount in my account.
please how do i prove my family ties in my next application. thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re:visitor visa declined due to lack of family ties

Qiaoliya said:
hello,i am a nigerian but i am presently a student in china and i applied for visitors visa to visit canada during my summer holiday.But my visa was declined due to "no proof of family ties to canada and country of residence.
my aunty is inviting me.she is a canada citizen and she is the one to sponsor my trip throughout my stay in canada. i am a student therefore, i have no assets,property or huge amount in my account.
please how do i prove my family ties in my next application. thanks
1. What proof did you provide that she is your aunt?
2. What proof did your aunt provide to you for the invite - is there an invite letter with supporting documents as to her status and finances?
3. How did she get Canadian status?
4. How long have you studied in China? i.e. when did you leave Nigeria
5. When does your course end?
6. What type of course is it?
7. Where are your family based - presumably Nigeria? Do you have a spouse/kids? Why aren't your own parents sponsoring this trip?
8. What is the total cost of this visit and why are you visiting - to see the sites, hang out?

Visa officer is saying you won't come back once you land in Canada...on paper you have a weak case but fill out the answers above it will be useful to detail your options.

Qiaoliya

Sep 1, 2015
my reply

1. i don't know what to provide to proof that she is my aunt..could you please tell me?
2. yes she sent an invitation letter,her bank detail and balance, her citizenship documents, her passport including her husbands
3. she has been in canada for a long time
4. iv studied for almost a year, i left nigeria the same period
5. my couse end by 2018
6. petrochemical engineering
7. my family base in nigeria, i have no spouse nor kids, my parent can't sponsor the trip because they are not in canada.
8. i am visiting canada because i would like to spend sometime with my aunt and her family and to spend my holiday in canada.