+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension

vyas1782

Jan 28, 2015
Hello,

I have some questions regarding visitor extension. My mother is here on a regular visitor visa. She came in September, so she can stay up to 6 months on visitor visa. Her visitor visa stamp on passport is valid till June 2019; however, we would like her to stay a little longer to enjoy summer here.

Now I can see that there is an option of Visitor visa extension. I need some guidance on this.
1. Is this extension is a new permit to stay in Canada longer on visitor status?
2. If they ask for financial support documents for the application of visitor visa, how to arrange that as she is already in Canada?
3.Can I show financial support from myself since she will not have enough documents with her?

I need help with this if the experts here please advise it will be a great help.

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I have some questions regarding visitor extension. My mother is here on a regular visitor visa. She came in September, so she can stay up to 6 months on visitor visa. Her visitor visa stamp on passport is valid till June 2019; however, we would like her to stay a little longer to enjoy summer here.

Now I can see that there is an option of Visitor visa extension. I need some guidance on this.
1. Is this extension is a new permit to stay in Canada longer on visitor status?
2. If they ask for financial support documents for the application of visitor visa, how to arrange that as she is already in Canada?
3.Can I show financial support from myself since she will not have enough documents with her?

I need help with this if the experts here please advise it will be a great help.

Thank you.
There is no visitor visa extension. She needs to apply for an extension of visitor status.

1. Yes.

2. There is no reason she cannot obtain her documents just because she is in Canada.

3. You can show support but she should also be showing her own.

Elmi85

Apr 16, 2019
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi! Hows your mother application?
I have the same situation with my mother, she was here September 2019 for TRV.

Reactions: calgary17