+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Hello, I'm from the US and I'm applying to extend my stay here in Canada. My husband and I just got married last month and we're planning to apply for Family sponsorship soon once we get our marriage certificate. What would be a valid reason to extend my stay in Canada? Can I put that my husband and I are planning to apply for family sponsorship?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello, I'm from the US and I'm applying to extend my stay here in Canada. My husband and I just got married last month and we're planning to apply for Family sponsorship soon once we get our marriage certificate. What would be a valid reason to extend my stay in Canada? Can I put that my husband and I are planning to apply for family sponsorship?
Yes
you must include, your husband's status (**citizenship**, work permit), married certificate, an explanation letter with the truth, don't forget your entry wet seal,,,
for any other information just call 1 888 242 2100, just inside Canada

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Yes
you must include, your husband's status (**citizenship**, work permit), married certificate, an explanation letter with the truth, don't forget your entry wet seal,,,
for any other information just call 1 888 242 2100, just inside Canada
What is an entry wet seal? I came to Canada by airplane and I didnt get a stamp from customs. I came to Canada multiple times in the past and I have never gotten an entry or exit stamp from the custom agents.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
What is an entry wet seal? I came to Canada by airplane and I didnt get a stamp from customs. I came to Canada multiple times in the past and I have never gotten an entry or exit stamp from the custom agents.
just call to 1 888 242 2100, the missing stamp maybe is a refusal issue
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp
What information do I need to apply for an extension of my temporary status?
  1. Full details on why you want to stay longer;
  2. Proof of identity;
  3. Proof of current status in Canada;
  4. Evidence on how you will support yourself or be supported in Canada and how you will pay for transportation to leave Canada, such as:
    • Guarantor’s letter
    • Bank statement indicating the account holder’s name and the account number
    • Details about your plans to leave Canada, particularly the date and time of departure and the means of transportation.
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)

Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) (IMM5257)

Family Information Form (IMM5707)

Travel History

You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

• your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
  • entry and exit stamps
  • study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
  • expired or valid visas
  • boarding passes
If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

Passport

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

Invitation Letter

You must provide a letter of invitation from the person inviting you to Canada. The letter must be written by the host and should have specific information about the host and invitee.

The letter should state the purpose and length of the visit, the nature of the relationship between you and the host, the contact information of the host, etc.

If you are being invited to conduct business in Canada, a letter of invitation should be printed on the company's letterhead and include:

• the host's full name, title and business contact information
  • a brief summary of the reason for the invitation, including details of the business or trade to be undertaken
  • the full names of all employees from your company who are being invited by your host
  • the intended duration and a detailed itinerary of the visit
  • a statement specifying who will be responsible for all travel-related expenses

Proof of Means of Financial Support

Temporary Residents
If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

• your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • pay stubs
  • an employment letter
  • proof of assets or business
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • tax reports, declarations or statements
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada
Express Entry - Permanent Residents
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
  • be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

Digital photo

Frame size
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File format
  • The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Purpose of Travel – Other

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.

Proof of Relationship

You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

Visitor (includes SE, ME and EXT)

$100

Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257)

Letter of Explanation

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, state that you are applying for sponsorship. Pay the full PR fees and include the receipt to show you are serious. Provided you show sufficient proof of finances, there should be no issue.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
just call to 1 888 242 2100, the missing stamp maybe is a refusal issue
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp
What information do I need to apply for an extension of my temporary status?
  1. Full details on why you want to stay longer;
  2. Proof of identity;
  3. Proof of current status in Canada;
  4. Evidence on how you will support yourself or be supported in Canada and how you will pay for transportation to leave Canada, such as:
    • Guarantor’s letter
    • Bank statement indicating the account holder’s name and the account number
    • Details about your plans to leave Canada, particularly the date and time of departure and the means of transportation.
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)

Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) (IMM5257)

Family Information Form (IMM5707)

Travel History

You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

• your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
  • entry and exit stamps
  • study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
  • expired or valid visas
  • boarding passes
If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

Passport

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

Invitation Letter

You must provide a letter of invitation from the person inviting you to Canada. The letter must be written by the host and should have specific information about the host and invitee.

The letter should state the purpose and length of the visit, the nature of the relationship between you and the host, the contact information of the host, etc.

If you are being invited to conduct business in Canada, a letter of invitation should be printed on the company's letterhead and include:

• the host's full name, title and business contact information
  • a brief summary of the reason for the invitation, including details of the business or trade to be undertaken
  • the full names of all employees from your company who are being invited by your host
  • the intended duration and a detailed itinerary of the visit
  • a statement specifying who will be responsible for all travel-related expenses

Proof of Means of Financial Support

Temporary Residents
If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

• your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • pay stubs
  • an employment letter
  • proof of assets or business
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • tax reports, declarations or statements
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada
Express Entry - Permanent Residents
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
  • be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

Digital photo

Frame size
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File format
  • The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Purpose of Travel – Other

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.

Proof of Relationship

You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

Visitor (includes SE, ME and EXT)

$100

Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257)

Letter of Explanation
It is quite common for Americans to not receive a stamp when entering Canada. It most certainly will not be a refusal reason.

M

marilamb

Not an issue. Pretty much no Americans get their passport stamped anymore.
Have another question based on this. What do I need to should to support him? Is NOA and letter of employment good or does it need to be bank statements and actually funds in account the time of. Applying in 3 weeks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Have another question based on this. What do I need to should to support him? Is NOA and letter of employment good or does it need to be bank statements and actually funds in account the time of. Applying in 3 weeks.
I would should show your most recent payslips instead of a letter of employment and NOA. If there is at least a few thousand in the bank, then you can show that as well. If not, don't include it. Also write a letter stating that you will be supporting him.

M

marilamb

I would should show your most recent payslips instead of a letter of employment and NOA. If there is at least a few thousand in the bank, then you can show that as well. If not, don't include it. Also write a letter stating that you will be supporting him.
I can do that, I dont have savings really, but I can show my paycheque amount on the 1st of the month ($2,900) and then a letter of empyment, NOA and then a letter from me and my mom saying we are taking care of him.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I can do that, I dont have savings really, but I can show my paycheque amount on the 1st of the month ($2,900) and then a letter of empyment, NOA and then a letter from me and my mom saying we are taking care of him.
That should be fine.

Firouzeh

Apr 2, 2021
Hi
My sister and her husband and her son having Canada visa from March 2018 and it will expire November 2021.but they could not travel as my sister had beauty surgery and after Cov19 pandamic happened. can they renew their visa for another 5 years?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
My sister and her husband and her son having Canada visa from March 2018 and it will expire November 2021.but they could not travel as my sister had beauty surgery and after Cov19 pandamic happened. can they renew their visa for another 5 years?
They can apply for visas.