Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello,

My mother is on a visitor visa for 6 month, till May 3rd 2022 (Landed Nov 4 2021). We have applied for an extension for May 2022 to July 31 2022, just yesterday. The reason is her granddaughter’s 1st bday in the first week for July and we want her to be with us as she is the only family we have here.
I understand the processing time is 148 days.

Ques. I know she can live here, until the result comes, on implies status. However, the 148 days fall in the requested time window (May 2022-July 2022). Provided, she does get an approval, will she still get the approval/extension until July 31 2022 only or for three months from when they give her the approval?

TIA

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello,

My mother is on a visitor visa for 6 month, till May 3rd 2022 (Landed Nov 4 2021). We have applied for an extension for May 2022 to July 31 2022, just yesterday. The reason is her granddaughter’s 1st bday in the first week for July and we want her to be with us as she is the only family we have here.
I understand the processing time is 148 days.

Ques. I know she can live here, until the result comes, on implies status. However, the 148 days fall in the requested time window (May 2022-July 2022). Provided, she does get an approval, will she still get the approval/extension until July 31 2022 only or for three months from when they give her the approval?

TIA
I BELIEVE THE EXTENSIONS ARE 6 MONTH PERIOD NOT JUST A MONTH OR TWO THAT YOU ASK FOR.
6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF THE CURRENT VISA EXPIRY.

sagar004

Dec 5, 2017
Hi, I am on PR and my family is here in Canada on visitor visa. Their visit visa period expires soon and would like to know if they can re-enter canada from Canada-US border so that they can continue their stay in Canada without extension?

Please help.

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hi
Do they have a US visa to enter US?
Is their canadian visit visa is multiple entry?
if they exit and enter , they wont be given any extra time coz you mentioned their visa is expiring soon.
Why havent you applied for visitor record? If you apply, they are allowed to stay till you get the decision. Right now its 243 days or so for that processing.
i suggest you apply for visitor record and let them stay till you hear back which wont be soon. My friends mom is the same case and they are waiting since February for visitor record. Her visa expired in jan and she is legally allowed to stay till she gets her decision. This particular status is called implied status or maintaining status.
hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: sagar004

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hello, I have a question on super visa.
My parents got PG-1 visitor visa, which I believe is super visa. When they arrived at the airport, they were told by the border officer that they may stay in Canada for 6 months max. However, the officer did not stamp their passports with any date that they must leave before. My question is: How long may my parents stay in Canada? 6 months as the officer said, or up to 2 years because the visa is super visa and they did not get stamps on their passports. Please help. Thanks

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
If you are sure that you applied for supervisa by including the proof of health insurance for one year with your application, they can stay for 2 years.Not always visitors passport gets stamped on entry. Its implied that visitor can stay in the country till 6 months if it is a regular visa and 2 years if it is a supervisa.
You have to make sure that it is a supervisa that they got issued.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
If you are sure that you applied for supervisa by including the proof of health insurance for one year with your application, they can stay for 2 years.Not always visitors passport gets stamped on entry. Its implied that visitor can stay in the country till 6 months if it is a regular visa and 2 years if it is a supervisa.
You have to make sure that it is a supervisa that they got issued.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the visa counterfoil says PG-1 Visitor visa. I checked on their website and it is a super visa. Also, yes, I applied for super visa with medical insurance and all. So, you mean to say that even if the border officer said they have to leave Canada before 6 months, they CAN still stay up to 2 years. Correct?
If you know any official sources, please suggest.

Mohan_76

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
iam very sure they can stay for 2 years. That's the whole point of getting a supervisa by paying for health insurance for an year in advance.
1. For sure the rule is ,if the passport is not stamped with entry visa, they are allowed to stay the maximum time that visa holder is entitled to stay each visit. for example, 6 months each entry for regular visitor visa holders. The same applies for Supervisa holders to stay for 2 years coz that's what supervisa is all about.
2. Not all officers at the port of entry are completely familiar with all the visa types, may be it was a classis overlook on his part. Since there is no stamp on it, they can stay for 2 years ,iam sure.
May be send a webform on GCKEY website asking the same question if you are worried.
But i don't think you need to worry about it at all.
If i can find any official website stating this ,i will share it here. Hope this helps.