+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa expedited

dryogeshmore

Feb 9, 2012
Hello Members,
Me & my wife applied for Canadian visit visa at Washington Office thru mail on Feb 7, 2012. I checked processing time was about 30 days. Unfortunately an urgent need has raised for which we need to travel to canada from US, this will need our Passport and Visa. I was wondering is there a way that the canada visitor visa can be expedited and we get back our passport. Visa authorities are not willing to answer any concern till the regular processing time is due(30 days).
Can we visit Canada Embassy at Washington and request the Visa. Please help
Thanks

vivacanada

Jan 23, 2012
I'd suggest you contact the consulate now, though no one can tell you if they will consider or ignore your request. Good luck.

dryogeshmore

Feb 9, 2012
I do not think there is any way to contact Consulate in US over phone, they have automated response system. I was wondering if we can send a representative with authority letter

vivacanada

Jan 23, 2012
dryogeshmore said:
I do not think there is any way to contact Consulate in US over phone, they have automated response system. I was wondering if we can send a representative with authority letter
There is a contact us page on consulate site. Try email/fax/postal mail them.

FYI:They have guards there may refuse your entry into the building. Unless it's a very short walk for your rep to visit the consulate, I wouldn't send anyone before I know for sure they will be allowed in.

dryogeshmore

Feb 9, 2012
I have faxed them the required documents explaining the need for urgent visit,Have not heard back from them yet.
I was wondering if I can withdraw the application and re apply in person. I have to be in Toronto on Feb 23 and if not, I do not see any purpose of my visit to Canada.
Thanks for you input.

maddy739

May 4, 2012
Hello Yogesh,

were you able to walkin/send your rep to Washington consulate after mailing the application. I am in the same situation, please share your experience.