+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - chances

Tom_Luck

Sep 6, 2011
Got my TRV(V1) yesterday:

September 6 : Pick up by Air 21
September 7 : Application arrived at Canadian Embassy(Manila)
September 12 : Visa Issued
September 15 : Visa delivered by Air 21

Thanks to Everybody

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
tom_luck,
Congatulations on ur TRV approval, u r indeed lucky....i wish u the best in canada......and i pray mine too get approved.Amen

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
Hi there sure ppl,
I just found this info on the CIC website and i need someone to explain what it meant in full details....

""The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its regulations provide authority to visa officers to use their discretion in evaluating situations in which there may be compelling humanitarian and compassionate considerations. Applicants who wish to have any particular circumstances of a humanitarian and compassionate nature taken into account by the visa officer should attach a written submission to the application, describing the situation. If a temporary resident permit is approved under these circumstances, an additional fee is payable.""

Thanks in advance

Hauser

Jul 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't want to disappoint you guys,but my applications was rejected very fast...it sometimes depends in which country you are.Between the lines they told me that no reasonable person would return to my country :(

aimraje

Feb 18, 2012
itscoezy said:
sent you a personal message :)
Hello. This was ur reply on below:
I'm curious coz I plan to do the same thing. Please advise, thanks!

Ratings: +2

Visitor Visa - chances
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:31:42 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Since there is so many of you who really have good insight in this problematic,I'd like to have your opinion about my case:
I plan to apply for the visitor visa;I'm married,have a child , my own apartment and no job at all.I want to visit my friend in Canada and look what are my possibilities there before I decide will I apply for working permit,permanent resident or I'll just go back.
Tricky part is that I'll not be able to appear in Canada with much cash.

thank you for advice

aimraje

Feb 18, 2012
Tom_Luck said:
Got my TRV(V1) yesterday:

September 6 : Pick up by Air 21
September 7 : Application arrived at Canadian Embassy(Manila)
September 12 : Visa Issued
September 15 : Visa delivered by Air 21

Thanks to Everybody
Hello po.. question lang about sa AIR21, sa Philippines lang ba ang service nila? As in PINOY ba nagpi-pick up ng documents? Tipong may pouch / envelop na rin sila na doon mo ilalagay docs mo?? Wala kasi ako sa Pinas, pero Manila pa rin handle ng applications sa lugar ko.. kaya ngayon namu-mrublema ako kung papano ko isend application ko.. :-(

jgelbolingo

Sep 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
03-April-2013 - NBI submitted
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
24-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014
Hi I am new here. I hope someone can help me.

I am from the Philippines. I already have a job offer from an employer in Alberta to work as Welder. They already have an "Unnamed" ready LMO, just need to put my name on the LMO. The only concern is the processing time for work permit submitted here in the Philippines which takes 5 months or longer and I believe the employer can't wait that long.

I am planning just to get a visitors visa processed here in the Philippines, then when I arrive there in Alberta, will need to process work permit. The employer likes this idea, since this is the fastest way. It will only take 14 business days to process here in the Philippines, although I haven't started with the processing yet. I have 4 kids, the house is under my wife's name (she is in Canada now), I have a car that's under my name, I don't have a job, but I have a small business that's registered under my name.

1. Is it possible that my employer can invite and provide me an invitation letter (they are willing to help to process my visa), so I can include that on my application for visitor's visa, even though, they will be the one to employ me when I arrive in Alberta?

2. Will this affect our application when we process the work permit? even though they are the one inviting me to come? will there be complications?

However, my wife is in Toronto. I am not sure if she can provide me an invitation letter since she is working as a live in Caregiver that don't have the capacity to invite me, and immigration will doubt about issuing me a visa.

I hope that anybody here can help me out regarding TRV if my employer will provide me invitation letter or my wife.

I will be glad if you can provide me the info.

Thanks,

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jgelbolingo said:
Hi I am new here. I hope someone can help me.

I am from the Philippines. I already have a job offer from an employer in Alberta to work as Welder. They already have an "Unnamed" ready LMO, just need to put my name on the LMO. The only concern is the processing time for work permit submitted here in the Philippines which takes 5 months or longer and I believe the employer can't wait that long.

I am planning just to get a visitors visa processed here in the Philippines, then when I arrive there in Alberta, will need to process work permit. The employer likes this idea, since this is the fastest way. It will only take 14 business days to process here in the Philippines, although I haven't started with the processing yet. I have 4 kids, the house is under my wife's name (she is in Canada now), I have a car that's under my name, I don't have a job, but I have a small business that's registered under my name.

1. Is it possible that my employer can invite and provide me an invitation letter (they are willing to help to process my visa), so I can include that on my application for visitor's visa, even though, they will be the one to employ me when I arrive in Alberta?

2. Will this affect our application when we process the work permit? even though they are the one inviting me to come? will there be complications?

However, my wife is in Toronto. I am not sure if she can provide me an invitation letter since she is working as a live in Caregiver that don't have the capacity to invite me, and immigration will doubt about issuing me a visa.

I hope that anybody here can help me out regarding TRV if my employer will provide me invitation letter or my wife.

I will be glad if you can provide me the info.

Thanks,
jgelbolingo, you are in a very unique situation. Let me start by telling you that if you come to Canada on TRV, you cannot apply for work permit. Also, you mentioned that it takes 14 days to process TRV at the Manila visa office. That is not true at all. My Filipina wife has been waiting for TRV for over 5 weeks. The visa workers are on strike and sadly, the Manila office is one of the 15 visa offices where full strike has started on July 29th. So, regardless of what application you submit, it will considerable amount of time to process it. Talk to your potential employer, they will either wait for you or you can look for another employer.