+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa- Before/After September 7 - 2021

AAkins

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Category........
PNP
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I applied for my parent's visitor visa through GCkey. I got to know today that there is another portal for visitor visa which is supposed to be "faster" than GCkey.
Although I am scared myself but I can tell you about my updates so far:
File submitted on 22 Dec 2021
Got BIL within 24 hours
Got Biometrics appointment for 05 Jan 2022
Did biometrics and it got updated within 24 hours on the file.
It now shows that Biometrics are completed.
I know my details are not very reassuring to you at this moment because the real wait begins after biometrics. I don't know what will happen going further.
I don't know why IRCC has created this confusion. If they started a new portal, then they should have stopped taking visitor visa applications via GCkey.
Please let me know if you find out anything new and I'll do the same. We are in this together.
I applied since October 2020 did my biometric same month since then am yet to hear from them but i applied using the old GCKey

banerjeea

Aug 8, 2021
I Finally got my parents visitor visa approved and request for Passport, the only solution is Patience !
Hi can you please let me know when did you apply for your parents visa? My husband applied in aug 2021 and still waiting. Biometrics done
In October 2021. thanks

banerjeea

Aug 8, 2021
I applied since October 2020 did my biometric same month since then am yet to hear from them but i applied using the old GCKey
Hi!
My husband applied in aug. Biometrics done in Oct2021. the website says, no need for medical test . Since then we are just waiting and waiting. I am afraid to apply on the new portal, going through this tedious application process once again is not easy. so confused as to what we can do. I am Canadian and
my sons are Canadian citizens. thanks

AAkins

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Category........
PNP
Hi!
My husband applied in aug. Biometrics done in Oct2021. the website says, no need for medical test . Since then we are just waiting and waiting. I am afraid to apply on the new portal, going through this tedious application process once again is not easy. so confused as to what we can do. I am Canadian and
Thanks for your response, you can make inquiry about the delay in Visitor Visa since you are a Canadian citizen, waiting for your positive response. Thanks

Jp4747

Dec 30, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am PR and my parents already have visitor visa, My sister applied for visitor visa in Sept 2021 through GCKEY portal and we are still waiting for result. Should we wait on old application or apply in the new IRCC portal? Thank you in advance

Akmam Khan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
Here's the timeline for my In-laws -

Type of Visa: Visitor Visa
Application submitted: on 5th Jan, 2022 using GCKey
BIL: Received on 6th Jan
Biometric submitted: On Jan 11th
BVL & PPR: Today (Jan 18th)

Here's the timeline for my parents -

Type of Visa: Visitor Visa
Application submitted: on 27th Dec, 2021 using GCKey
BIL: Received on 28th Dec
Biometric submitted: On Jan 10th
BVL & PPR: Not received yet
From which country you applied and which visa office was this?

jammy915

Dec 16, 2012
Hi!

Hello Banerjeea.....wondering if your husband has received PPR? Which office you applied?
I am similar to your situation. Husband and daughter are Canadian citizens. Applied thru Singapore office.
Have valid US visa and been to Canada few times in last 10 years.
My timeline:
19 Feb submission confirmation (New portal)
4 Mar Biometric updated
since then has no update....not even start eligibility....

bhartibedi

Apr 8, 2018
Hi,
My father applied for a visitor visa on 13 Dec 2021 as his previous visa expired along with this passport. He applied using the new IRCC portal and his biometrics are not required as the previous ones are still valid. There has been no message ever since. The processing times keep increasing on the website. Should he submit a new application via GC key?

jammy915

Dec 16, 2012
Hi,
My father applied for a visitor visa on 13 Dec 2021 as his previous visa expired along with this passport. He applied using the new IRCC portal and his biometrics are not required as the previous ones are still valid. There has been no message ever since. The processing times keep increasing on the website. Should he submit a new application via GC key?
Hi, where did you apply from? Still in normal processing time or has passed?