+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa approved in 28hrs for Parents!! Wohooo!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Seema,

Indian citizens who have traveled to Canada or the US in the last 10 years may be eligible for visa processing under the CAN+ program. You must demonstrate this through entry/exit stamps in the passport.

CAN+ expedites visa processing and applicants do not have to submit as many supporting documents as TRV applicants although the visa application form is the same.

You can get more information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=875&t=16

Good luck for your TRVs :)

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks Bryanna,

Based on the questions asked for online app, we did submit the exit/entry stamped passport pages including the page with valid US visa.. Wonder how long it will take. My dad's flight tickets are booked for next month.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Seemaraj said:
Based on the questions asked for online app, we did submit the exit/entry stamped passport pages including the page with valid US visa.. Wonder how long it will take. My dad's flight tickets are booked for next month.
The applicant must specifically mention that he/she is applying under CAN+.... however, as your dad has visited the US/has a valid US visa, it will help to get a faster decision

Where is your dad applying from?

vijaysenan

Jun 23, 2011
abhi141989 said:
I applied for visitor visa on behalf of my parents on Feb 18, 2015 and got Original Passport request on Feb 19, 2015..

I was bit nervous as we (me and my brother) were already in Canada, meaning no one was left in our family back home.

But it was real quick..

Once again CIC proved that if one provide them with appropriate/clear documents, visa is not a hard nut to crack.

Thanks CIC..

:) :) :) ;D :D

Abhi

Hi Abhi
Only today i saw your posting and glad you were able to get visa for parents.

I have few questions can you please help me out.

I am with family here in toronto and hold PR. I have applied for Citizenship and in the last stages - waiting for test date.

Two years back i had sent invitation for my parents to visit us but they were rejected.

I guess at that time online application process was not available.

Can i apply for them from Toronto
If so what is the link, what all the documents you included,
who should pay the fees,
What is the role of my parents in this process,

Please help me out with information that will help me to get them a regular tourist VISA

I dont want to apply super visa as my parents are not interested in staying more than two months.

Can you send me a reply to my email - vijaysenan@yahoo.com/ after you send a email would love to have chat with you if possible.
or if you do not have much time you can post the replies here itself.

Thanks in advance
Rev. Samuel

JESUS2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
HELP ME TO FILE VISIT VISA FOR MY MOM!!!!!

Hi Abhi / Bryanna

Plzzz help me to file visit visa for my mom...me n my husband both r PR holders (actually my husband already filed for his citizenship and waiting for the process)..my husband sponsored me (spouse visa PR) and i landed in july 2014 then i worked only 3 months...now m pregnant and my due date is on July 4 Th 2015..i m weak and cannot work at this situation..i want my mom with me for my delivery as i have no other family member or relatives live in Canada..So my husband is going to file for his mother in law as he only works right now..my mom is alone in India(my dad passed away long time back and m the one and only child for my mom, no other family ties..) she owns a land in home country (not house)...actually i own the apartment and she lives there.she is 62 year old and not working.but she got good bank transactions and have a fund of approx $35,000 Canadian dollar as fixed/deposit in her name.she had visited DUBAI/Singapore/Malaysia few years ago...I thought the chances are high if i mention i m pregnant and for that reason my mom is coming to visit me.but also heard that there are chances of rejection because a visitor is coming to Canada to take care of her daughter and baby is considered as she is going to illegally work even though its for her family....is that correct?? so i m worried..my due date is within 2 months..Do i need to mention that i m pregnant in our application or not to mention that??? And also i want her to stay with me at least 6 months...Do i need to mention the length of her stay or not ? So Super visa or regular visa is good at this situation? I think i can also take health insurance for her( for whole year validity) wen i submit the documents.
so plzzzzzz help me wat to do in this situation...i m waiting for ur reply....friends,pls advice me...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
JESUS2014 said:
Plzzz help me to file visit visa for my mom...me n my husband both r PR holders (actually my husband already filed for his citizenship and waiting for the process)
Hi,

I understand how difficult things must be in your situation.... hope you're doing well and you're taking good care of yourself.

Your mom needs to show strong ties to India.... particularly as you are her only child, no employment ties, etc.... for this (based on what you've mentioned), I would suggest:
Financial Ties
a. Bank accounts: Good bank balance.... 6 months statements.... do give an explanation if there are any recent large deposits.... or if you have transferred any money

b. Fixed Deposits: Photocopies of the FDs + you must get Interest Certificates from the bank + letter from the bank listing all the FDs held with that bank... do not forget to mention that the FDs are not locked-in and not mortgaged.... and can be liquidated, if required

c. Any other investments (LIC, mutual funds, shares, gold/infrastructure bonds, foreign currency if purchased from an RBI licensed Forex dealer, etc)

d. Pension Funds: Does she have EPF, PPF, etc accounts? Does she get a pension?

Property Ties
a. Land ownership papers: Sale deed + translated into English and notarized + current evaluation (you can refer to the state government Ready Reckoner)

b. Your apartment: Does you mom have a Power of Attorney (PoA) to represent you for the apartment? Is she a nominee? Does she have any rights to represent you in the housing society where your apartment is located?

Family Ties
You can add an explanation to show her ties to her siblings and their families + other extended family she has in India

Any other ties that you can think of?

To answer your questions:
If you mention that your mom is visiting to take care of you and your baby then there is a high possibility of a refusal.... as it will be viewed as working illegally on a TRV

You can draw up a day-by-day itinerary to meet you/your husband.... some sightseeing.... give expense estimates in CAD

You can apply for a TRV.... however, she should request for 3-4 weeks of visit..... and she must give convincing reasons to return to India

As for insurance, it is not necessary to buy an overseas travel medical insurance policy for a TRV.... however, it would show the visa officer that she is covered by insurance

Hope this helps :)

JESUS2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Bryanna..

thank u soooooo much for ur quick and very detailed reply..and one more thing.. what is the difference between TRV visa and parents super visa category??? can i try "super visa" for her with covered insurance??? if she apply for TRV, then how long she can stay with me?? i want her with me at least 6 months (i m not going to mention that in the application)...

pls advice me ....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You're welcome :)

The difference between TRV and Super Visa is that parents/grandparents can visit for longer duration on a Super Visa.... a Super Visa allows one to visit for as long as 2 years as compared to up to 6 months for a TRV (at a time).... however, the actual duration that someone can remain in Canada depends on the immigration officer that one encounters

Also, for a Super Visa, the focus on finances will be on you/your husband and not on your mom.... for a TRV, your mom has to prove adequate finances for the visit..... also for a Super Visa, you must purchase insurance from a Canadian insurance provider for 1 year and submit this with the visa application.

Regardless of Super Visa or TRV, your mom has to demonstrate strong ties to India.... and provide good reasons to return to India

If you decide to apply for her TRV then you can extend her visit when she is in Canada

Cheers :)

JESUS2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Bryanna...

thanks once again..u r sooo helpful..sorry i have i more doubt...if i apply for her "super visa" for long stay, is that ok to mention my situation (that i m pregnent)?? in this case, is that reason good ? wats ur opinion Bryanna??

rajkaushal62

Mar 16, 2015
Applied for my mother's super visa online. application submitted reply on april 8th. online status shows
file open from day 1. medical submitted upfront. Anyone else applied for super visa or visitors visa?? plz
provide your timelines. tia

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
Bryanna said:
His visa application will be processed by the Bangalore Consulate
[/quote

HI Bryana,

Cic account update has request for submitting passport. They have asked to submit the letter with the passport. The letter does not have any identification like name or app number. Is this normal? How will they identify the applicant? Do you know?

Thanks again

SamDhaka

Dec 29, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1122/8222
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17, 2010
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 25, 2011; AOR: Mar 24, 2011
Med's Request
Jun 30, 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 16, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 2011
do we need to upload digital photo for online TRV? or it will be covered with biometric?