+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa applied to NewYork office through mail

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
pagar7 said:
Hey guys! I got an email response from the canadian embassy yesterday :

"Dear madam, sir,

Thank you for your email. Please note your application is currently
being finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY"

Does anyone know what period of time does "shortly" means for them? Or should I make a new topic discussion on this email to see if anyone knows specifically?

Has anyone else received this email?

Does anyone know what period of time "shortly" means for th3m?
Hi pager7, please update if you got your passport.

SimonSez

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 (uploaded to EMed on Dec. 20)
I an wife applied on January 30th in person at NY Consulate. Received a request for additional documentation on Feb 9th, it was submitted on Feb 21st. Still waiting on further action. have sent three emails to both email addresses. No response so far. Very annoying waiting in the dark.

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
pagar7 said:
No updates during the past weekend. Ill keep u guys posted
Hi pager7, please let me know, on which date you submitted your application? Is it in-person?

so that I can estimate how far I am from processing my application. (BTW, I applied in-person on March 8th).

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
Ozen D said:
Sdwaragha, I am glad to hear that you got your visa! I hope we will all be as lucky as you are. Which email address did you use to contact the consulate about the urgency?
Hi Ozen D, I also applied in-person on March 8th and still waiting (25days till now). I have to travel on April 10th for a conference. I emailed them to "newyork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca" but no reply. Is there anything else we can do other than waiting? Did you contact in-person again for your passport?

Please update if you hear anything on your application. Thanks.

Ozen D

Mar 26, 2013
nj_ottawah1b said:
Hi Ozen D, I also applied in-person on March 8th and still waiting (25days till now). I have to travel on April 10th for a conference. I emailed them to "newyork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca" but no reply. Is there anything else we can do other than waiting? Did you contact in-person again for your passport?

Please update if you hear anything on your application. Thanks.
Hi

I went to the Consulate three times to fill out the urgent request form. Each time, they told me that it was not urgent, although my conference starts on Thursday. I am going there tomorrow to withdraw my application as I do not need a visa, if I cannot go to the conference. There is nothing to do, I am afraid.

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
Ozen D said:
Hi

I went to the Consulate three times to fill out the urgent request form. Each time, they told me that it was not urgent, although my conference starts on Thursday. I am going there tomorrow to withdraw my application as I do not need a visa, if I cannot go to the conference. There is nothing to do, I am afraid.
Thanks for the reply.

I saw in other forum, that a person applied on Feb25th and he got it today. So I may have to wait 2 more weeks. This visa will be useless for me after April 10th.

pagar7

Mar 20, 2013
Hi guys!

I gor my visa last night. Here are the details:

Applied: feb 26 ( this day was the one where my application was received)
Received: march 2

Total: 34 calendar days

I sent my application by mail, using express mail instead of the regular one. My visa was issued for 4 months.

I would advice to send all the paperwork they ask for ( the only one I didnt send was the proof.of me returning to my country cause.I still didnt know when I was going back to ). Besides that... a lot of.patience guys!

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
pagar7 said:
Hi guys!

I gor my visa last night. Here are the details:

Applied: feb 26 ( this day was the one where my application was received)
Received: march 2

Total: 34 calendar days

I sent my application by mail, using express mail instead of the regular one. My visa was issued for 4 months.

I would advice to send all the paperwork they ask for ( the only one I didnt send was the proof.of me returning to my country cause.I still didnt know when I was going back to ). Besides that... a lot of.patience guys!
congrats. I hope I get it in 34days. If they delay 1 extra day, it is useless for me.

optymystik

Apr 3, 2013
I realized there are many people who are in the quest for the current processing times for Visitor Visa, and I am one among many. I feel the agony of anticipation and uncertainity. To mitigate this agony, I took an initative to started a database, where each of us can contribute/submit our processing dates. This could be a great source of information as what to expect.

I humbly would like to request everyone to come forward and help the fellow Visa Seekers in this regard!! Please check the following link and post the information.

goo.gl/Wd12c ( copy and paste this url )

optymystik

Apr 3, 2013
I realized there are many people who are in the quest for the current processing times for Visitor Visa, and I am one among many. I feel the agony of anticipation and uncertainity. To mitigate this agony, I took an initative to started a database, where each of us can contribute/submit our processing dates. This could be a great source of information as what to expect.

I humbly would like to request everyone to come forward and help the fellow Visa Seekers in this regard!! Please check the following link and post the information.

http://canvisatimes.blogspot.com/

SimonSez

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 (uploaded to EMed on Dec. 20)
I and Wife received passports today. So. here you go

Applied on Jan 30th,
Additional Documents Requested Feb 9th
Additional Documents Reached consulate Feb 25th.
Received passports with Visa April 4th

Thanks

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
Ozen D said:
Hi

Hi Ozen D, did u take u r passport on Wednesday? Did they give visa or just the passport? Please update, if get chance. Thanks.

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
Hi

I read in other forms that, few people who applied on March 1st, they got passports on April 4th. (This is the last update I had).

I applied on March 8th, still waiting. If anyone else had any update, please post.