+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa applied to NewYork office through mail

Ozen D

Mar 26, 2013
I am in the same boat. I applied for TRV in person on March 6 and it has been 20 days and I still got no response. I need to attend a conference in Toronto next week and I am still waiting to hear from them. What should I do at this point? I see that some people got their passports back in a week. They told me that it would take 14 days; it has been three weeks. I need to know if I will be able to attend the conference. My name is on the speakers list already; it would be really humiliating if I do not hear from the consulate on time. I emailed the NY consulate this morning, but I am not expecting any answers. Should I wait until Monday and go to the consulate and fill in the urgent request form?

manju_1985

Mar 4, 2013
Hi,

I also sent transit visa application via mail to New-york consulate office on 15th of Feb. I sent so many email, faxed requesting for the status and also I called many times to call center but there is no response and not giving any sort of information. I am also worried like you and waiting for the same. The process is so poor even though having some much technology. Please let me if you get any response from them, I will also keep you posted.

Thanks,

Sdwaragha

Mar 13, 2013
Everytime I open the USPS tracking and type my return mail tracking number with a belief that it will say something positive and it says the same thing again and again ;) ... CANADAAAAAAA!!! 38 days and counting!!

pagar7

Mar 20, 2013
Hey guys! I got an email response from the canadian embassy yesterday :

"Dear madam, sir,

Thank you for your email. Please note your application is currently
being finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY"

Does anyone know what period of time does "shortly" means for them? Or should I make a new topic discussion on this email to see if anyone knows specifically?

Has anyone else received this email?

Does anyone know what period of time "shortly" means for th3m?

Sdwaragha

Mar 13, 2013
@ pagar: I am glad that you got a response back for your email. I am yet to get anything for my mail. I have sent one more email stating the urgency of my requirement today.

pagar7

Mar 20, 2013
Maybe you did this, but I rather be sure so we can help each other:
There is like a series of personal info you have to write in the email before you write your enquiry ( passport # , full name etc)
Did you write that info?

Sdwaragha

Mar 13, 2013
Thanks for asking. Yes, I shared name, DoB, citizenship, address, email, passport number. I used the case specific inquiry link instead of General. May be that is the catch. I have sent an email today to the General email id - 'newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca'.

logismoi

Mar 20, 2013
Ozen D said:
I am in the same boat. I applied for TRV in person on March 6 and it has been 20 days and I still got no response. I need to attend a conference in Toronto next week and I am still waiting to hear from them. What should I do at this point? I see that some people got their passports back in a week. They told me that it would take 14 days; it has been three weeks. I need to know if I will be able to attend the conference. My name is on the speakers list already; it would be really humiliating if I do not hear from the consulate on time. I emailed the NY consulate this morning, but I am not expecting any answers. Should I wait until Monday and go to the consulate and fill in the urgent request form?
omg same here. I need my visa to speak at a conference in Toronto next week. Submitted my online application on March 6 (as their website says online application is the fastest!!!! LIAR!!!!). I haven't even received the notification to send them my passport yet.

I am thinking of going to the consulate in person this Friday. Does anyone know if this would help to expedite the process?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
logismoi said:
omg same here. I need my visa to speak at a conference in Toronto next week. Submitted my online application on March 6 (as their website says online application is the fastest!!!! LIAR!!!!). I haven't even received the notification to send them my passport yet.

I am thinking of going to the consulate in person this Friday. Does anyone know if this would help to expedite the process?
Hi,

It's holiday on Friday (Good Friday) March 29, 2013. The embassy is close. :)

Ozen D

Mar 26, 2013
logismoi said:

I went to the consulate in person yesterday and submitted the urgent request form. They said that it is not urgent! I am going back on Wednesday (one day before the conference and my flight) to submit another urgent request form and ask my passport back. If they don't give me a visa by then, I do not need to go to Canada anyway. And once this is over, I swear I will never set foot on Canada. I've never had such bad visa experience in my life. I will keep you posted.

Sdwaragha

Mar 13, 2013
Finally, the wait is over for me. I got the stamped passport today from NY consulate.
I am providing the timeline for others reference.

Applied through mail to NY Consulate on Feb 19 (documents reached the consulate on this date) for visitor visa. Received it today. Totally 39 calendar days. The visa stamped in the passports say that the issue date is 3/11.

Thanks to this forum and the participants of this thread.

Ozen D

Mar 26, 2013
Sdwaragha, I am glad to hear that you got your visa! I hope we will all be as lucky as you are. Which email address did you use to contact the consulate about the urgency?

Sdwaragha

Mar 13, 2013
I sent it to 2 email addresses. Cngny@international.gc.ca And newyork-im-inquiry@international.gc.ca

I did not get any response for the email though.

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
I applied in person on March 8th and still waiting (25days till now). I have to travel on April 10th for a conference. I emailed them to "newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca" but no reply.