+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Applied (From Brazil) Help and Doubts

denisfootix

Jun 11, 2015
Hi everyone, first post here, I would like to know if someone can PLEASE help me with some doubts of mine.

June 1st I've applied for a Visitor Visa, I've created my account on MYCIC, sent my application and later on, created my mother's account and sent her application. Paid the fees and then ok, received an e-mail telling me that it has been received by the Office.
The problem is, the processing time for Brazil is 7 days. My mom received her letter to send her Passport June 8, like it should.
Mine's stuck at Open and nothing until today.
Heres a brief of my infos:
I'm 23 years old, I own a restaurant in Brazil (in my name), I have an apartment also in my name. Single, never married, I have an USA Visa, been there in 2013 just for tourism, everything ok.

Is this delay of my Canadian Visa because of my age? Or is it a bad sign about the decision?
Please if someone can help me, I've always dreamed to visit Canada, for the first time I have the money, applied online and I'm really scared about the decision. I need to know what to expect.

Thank you guys.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
while filling the forms they ask are you traveling alone or with other family member. What was your answer to that.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cant do much, I have seen people doing case specific inquiry on the website of cic when waiting crosses the normal time limits.

denisfootix

Jun 11, 2015
nehamerchant said:
You cant do much, I have seen people doing case specific inquiry on the website of cic when waiting crosses the normal time limits.
Thank you so much Nehamerchant. I've promised myself that if I didn't get an answer from them until today that I would make an case specific inquiry. No needed, wake up today and saw the good news, they asked for my passaport!

Again, thank you so much for all the help Nehamerchant!