+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application rejection on 179(b)

neethak

Apr 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
June 22, 2015
Med's Done....
March 19, 2015
Hello,

My brother in law applied for TRV along with my sister and their 2 kids at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Applied for a duration of 6 weeks. Their visitor visa was refused citing 179(b) based on travel history, immigration status, purpose of your visit and current employment situation.

travel history- They reside in Saudi Arabia and visit India 1-2 times / year for vacation and have no other travel history
immigration status - My bil reside in Saudi Arabia on Work Permit and sister is a house wife - been living for almost 8 years+
purpose of your visit - Mentioned my wife's baby shower ritual and tourism
Current employment situation - Employed with work permit

Documents provided - Employment letter for my bil and letter from school for one of the kids to return back to school year after the vacation.

Can someone please guide as to how we can reapply as to how that these questions/ doubts from the visa officer could be addressed. Thank you for your time.

Neetha.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your brother in law has a very weak profile, and taking the entire family makes it weaker. Add in family in Canada, and it gets weaker still.

People who are residing in countries other than their country of citizenship need to prove strong ties home and to their country of residence. Concrete obligations that mean you will return. A letter for one of the kids saying that they should return back to the school is not enough evidence of ties that would make you leave Canada.

Did you provide proof of funds or assets in Saudi Arabia?

They don't have enough travel history to demonstrate that they actually abide by visa restrictions.

Additionally, the purpose of visit is weak - travelling with the entire family across the world for a baby shower? A visa officer will doubt that is the true purpose of the visit, especially since you're bringing the full family.

neethak

Apr 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
June 22, 2015
Med's Done....
March 19, 2015
Your brother in law has a very weak profile, and taking the entire family makes it weaker. Add in family in Canada, and it gets weaker still.

People who are residing in countries other than their country of citizenship need to prove strong ties home and to their country of residence. Concrete obligations that mean you will return. A letter for one of the kids saying that they should return back to the school is not enough evidence of ties that would make you leave Canada.

Did you provide proof of funds or assets in Saudi Arabia?

They don't have enough travel history to demonstrate that they actually abide by visa restrictions.

Additionally, the purpose of visit is weak - travelling with the entire family across the world for a baby shower? A visa officer will doubt that is the true purpose of the visit, especially since you're bringing the full family.

Hello,

The purpose of visit was given as Baby shower ritual, sightseeing and as well as that none of us (myself, wife and kid) have not met my niece since she was born (March 2018)

Yes they showed liquid funds (Bank balance) in both India and Saudi amounting to $35,000 CAD

Concrete obligations - will a rental agreement help? a letter stating the vacation ends by this period and he would need to return to work on so and so date help? He mentioned 6 weeks (originally he would have come only for couple of weeks and my sister and kids would have visited longer than him) on the application will reducing it to 2-3 weeks help?

I am thinking to apply for GIC notes - will more information on the rejection help better to substantiate re-application?

Please advise.
Neetha.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
GIC notes won't help anything.

What will help are things that you must return to your country of residence to do, and a strong purpose of visit. Why must you bring your entire family to Canada for this ritual?

What are you leaving behind in Saudi Arabia that you must return to do?

What evidence do you have of respecting visa restrictions before?

neethak

Apr 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
June 22, 2015
Med's Done....
March 19, 2015
GIC notes won't help anything.

What will help are things that you must return to your country of residence to do, and a strong purpose of visit. Why must you bring your entire family to Canada for this ritual?

What are you leaving behind in Saudi Arabia that you must return to do?

What evidence do you have of respecting visa restrictions before?
Hello,

Thank you very much for responding and your time. Your questions have given some pointers that we could consider working on before we re-submit application again for TRV.

Neetha.