+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record & PGWP Extension

Antu59

Dec 22, 2022
Dear Altruists,

My PGWP will expire on Jan 11, 2024. I want to apply for a PGWP extension just before the expiry to buy some time so that if I get an ITA, I can apply for BOWP. But at the same time just before the expiration of my original PGWP, I want to apply for a visitor record too, so that I can keep my legal status. I want to know whether there will be any issue if I apply both at the same time, maybe a couple of days before my PGWP expires. Although I do know IRCC recommends everyone willing to apply for a visitor record at least 30 days before the status expires. But is that mandatory? Kindly help me with any suggestions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Altruists,

My PGWP will expire on Jan 11, 2024. I want to apply for a PGWP extension just before the expiry to buy some time so that if I get an ITA, I can apply for BOWP. But at the same time just before the expiration of my original PGWP, I want to apply for a visitor record too, so that I can keep my legal status. I want to know whether there will be any issue if I apply both at the same time, maybe a couple of days before my PGWP expires. Although I do know IRCC recommends everyone willing to apply for a visitor record at least 30 days before the status expires. But is that mandatory? Kindly help me with any suggestions.
How do you qualify for a PGWP extension?

Raghu@9988

Oct 28, 2018
Dear Altruists,

Hey,Have you applied for visitor record already?