+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record for US born child while waiting for PR sponsorship?

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
I have not yet sponsored our kid for Canadian PR, as we moved permanently pretty recently and we thought because he is a US citizen there was no rush and we would have 6 months of time.

But last time we crossed border was given a stern lecture by CBSA officer that I need to file a visitor record for the baby immediately.

Has anyone done the same, is it needed for the baby to stay with us while PR process is pending? Can I file by myself?

justinline

May 19, 2009
I have not yet sponsored our kid for Canadian PR, as we moved permanently pretty recently and we thought because he is a US citizen there was no rush and we would have 6 months of time.

But last time we crossed border was given a stern lecture by CBSA officer that I need to file a visitor record for the baby immediately.

Has anyone done the same, is it needed for the baby to stay with us while PR process is pending? Can I file by myself?
A while back one of my friend did it for his oldest child, but he did at the port of entry while entering for the first time and kept extending it.
I think you can apply online as well. For long term stay yes its is needed and better to file and keep extending till the child is PR.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
A while back one of my friend did it for his oldest child, but he did at the port of entry while entering for the first time and kept extending it.
I think you can apply online as well. For long term stay yes its is needed and better to file and keep extending till the child is PR.
oh wow I see, thank you

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
do you know if the visitor record needs to be filed after submitting PR application or can be filed before itself by any chance?