+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record for a 15 month old?

MarcusErectus

Nov 14, 2019
Hi, me and my wife are Canadian PR, we moved to Canada permanently in September 2020 along with our son who is 15 months old, he was born in the USA so he is a US Citizen (wife is US Citizen as well). I've already submitted his sponsorship in the first week of October 2020 and we're still waiting for the AOR, his passport was not stamped and the border officers didn't give us a visitor record for him.

My question is, can he stay longer than 6 months with us while we wait for his AOR? If not, should we apply for a visitor record? I really doubt it that they would send us back to the US just because of his current status, but I sponsored my wife from the US and I'm not a Canadian nor a US citizen, so I have my worry about what might happen.

I'd appreciate any tips, suggestions or feedback. Thanks!

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi, me and my wife are Canadian PR, we moved to Canada permanently in September 2020 along with our son who is 15 months old, he was born in the USA so he is a US Citizen (wife is US Citizen as well). I've already submitted his sponsorship in the first week of October 2020 and we're still waiting for the AOR, his passport was not stamped and the border officers didn't give us a visitor record for him.

My question is, can he stay longer than 6 months with us while we wait for his AOR? If not, should we apply for a visitor record? I really doubt it that they would send us back to the US just because of his current status, but I sponsored my wife from the US and I'm not a Canadian nor a US citizen, so I have my worry about what might happen.

I think you should call CIC. They would be in a better position to give a certain answer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Sponsorship doesn't give him/her implied status. You must apply for an extension until he/she is granted PR.