+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Permit Extension Refusal

henryb

Oct 14, 2015
I hope someone here will enlighten me on my situation, my visitor permit expired on 20th May and applied for an extension before it expired, however received a refusal letter on 28th August, dated on the 20th August

It does not mention the exact specific reasons for refusal, just general reasons that I found the same on their website (so I guess they just copied and paste it)
My question is am I eligible to restore my status and apply for restoration or what are my options!

Appreciate all your help, cheers

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Why have you not done anything about this for the past 1.5 months? You are currently in Canada illegally and need to immediately apply for Restoration of Status as a visitor.

henryb

Oct 14, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Why have you not done anything about this for the past 1.5 months? You are currently in Canada illegally and need to immediately apply for Restoration of Status as a visitor.

Thanks for the quick reply, however im confused as many informed me that since its not mentioned in the letter, i can not apply for restoration of my status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
henryb said:
Thanks for the quick reply, however im confused as many informed me that since its not mentioned in the letter, i can not apply for restoration of my status.
You have 90 days from the date of refusal to apply for restoration. Apply ASAP.