+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extention refused .Am I eligible for restoration.

Amardeep84

Aug 3, 2014
I landed in canada with spouse as a visitor in April 2018 and went back to home country in fifteen days.

Again landed in August 2018 with spouse and two children as visitors .
Lmia field by employer on 13th February .Applied for visitor Extention on 21 February one day before expiry of six months.
Received refusal for visitor Extention on 15th April.
Asked to leave canada before expiry of document or if the document expired ,to leave immediately .No restoration mentioned.

My LMIA May take another one and half month to approve .

Can I apply for restoration of status just to gain time ?

Should I move to USA for two months and then enter at border once I get Lmia

Should go back to home country and come back again once the things settle.

I stated the true reason while applying Extention that during the course of my visit I got a job offer and my employer wants me to join immediately and waiting for approval of LMIA but at that time I could not mention the file no of LMIA as it was not given one yet at that time .

Meanwhile I was giving my professional licensing exams in canada which take a lot of time .i gave one and have to appear in August again .have those documents but didn’t submit in my application .

What should I do .

@@scylla @Bryanna @canuck_in_uk
@h.k.p

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I landed in canada with spouse as a visitor in April 2018 and went back to home country in fifteen days.

Lmia field by employer on 13th February .Applied for visitor Extention on 21 February one day before expiry of six months.
Asked to leave canada before expiry of document or if the document expired ,to leave immediately .No restoration mentioned.

I stated the true reason while applying Extention that during the course of my visit I got a job offer and my employer wants me to join immediately and waiting for approval of LMIA but at that time I could not mention the file no of LMIA as it was not given one yet at that time .

Meanwhile I was giving my professional licensing exams in canada which take a lot of time .i gave one and have to appear in August again .have those documents but didn’t submit in my application .

What should I do .

@h.k.p
You need to follow the direction given to you if you want to continue to be allowed to enter Canada. An employer applying for an LMIA is only the first process to get a job. You also need to file for a work permit if the LMIA is approved. Both can be denied. It is up to whether you return home or go to the US. Your children don’t qualify for free schooling in Canada so it would be best for you to return to somewhere they can attend school.

Reactions: myra20sharma

Amardeep84

Aug 3, 2014
You need to follow the direction given to you if you want to continue to be allowed to enter Canada. An employer applying for an LMIA is only the first process to get a job. You also need to file for a work permit if the LMIA is approved. Both can be denied. It is up to whether you return home or go to the US. Your children don’t qualify for free schooling in Canada so it would be best for you to return to somewhere they can attend school.
Will it be ok if I leave within 30 days of refusal or it has to be 15 days precisely?

Will I be allowed to renter in August for giving my exam ?

My children were taking private tutions from Kumon and regional school but without study visa.They were well settled .will it work if I apply for their schooling visa?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

What should I do .

@h.k.p
A Restoration app has little chance of approval and doesn't buy you any time, as you are still here illegally while it processes.

You should leave Canada ASAP. No on here can say whether you will be allowed entry again in August.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
In addition , you aren’t supposed to use your “ visitor “ visa to get all settled into staying in Canada.
So your first visit was more like a reconnaissance trip, check things out, second trip, you brought your children you put them into school, started scouting out jobs .
Visitors don’t typically arrange tutors for their children nor set up schooling
Whether they’ve “ settled “ in or not isn’t relevant in the scheme of things
Immigration knows your ultimate goal is too stay , that’s not what visitor visas are intended for
As above , you’ve been asked to leave , if not , could cause you issues in the future .
As well the US would know you’ve been asked to leave Canada due to not having status.

Last edited:
Reactions: myra20sharma

Amardeep84

Aug 3, 2014
In addition , you aren’t supposed to use your “ visitor “ visa to get all settled into staying in Canada.
So your first visit was more like a reconnaissance trip, check things out, second trip, you brought your children you put them into school, started scouting out jobs .
Visitors don’t typically arrange tutors for their children nor set up schooling
Whether they’ve “ settled “ in or not isn’t relevant in the scheme of things
Immigration knows your ultimate goal is too stay , that’s not what visitor visas are intended for
As above , you’ve been asked to leave , if not , could cause you issues in the future .
As well the US would know you’ve been asked to leave Canada due to not having status.
Will it affect my pr file if I go back and apply thorough express entry ?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Not if you follow their direction on leaving , however I’m totally confused because you asked in another forum regarding applying for asylum .( Which doesn’t make any sense )
So you now have on your plate ;
Visitor visa
LMIA
Work Permit
Requesting terms on which you possibly could apply for asylum, frivolous asylum claims could effect you and your family not only for Canada , but other countries that we share immigration information with
Express Entry & PR
And earlier there was a ban imposed
You’re all over the map, and if it looks that way to just someone putting the pieces together thru postings , imagine how a VO would take it
And they make the decisions
It appears that you’ll take any measure to make it and or stay in Canada

Last edited:

Amardeep84

Aug 3, 2014
Not if you follow their direction on leaving , however I’m totally confused because you asked in another forum regarding applying for asylum .( Which doesn’t make any sense )
So you now have on your plate ;
Visitor visa
LMIA
Work Permit
Requesting terms on which you possibly could apply for asylum, frivolous asylum claims could effect you and your family not only for Canada , but other countries that we share immigration information with
Express Entry & PR
And earlier there was a ban imposed
You’re all over the map, and if it looks that way to just someone putting the pieces together thru postings , imagine how a VO would take it
And they make the decisions
It appears that you’ll take any measure to make it and or stay in Canada
I know what all you mean.But I am asking for help here .the ban that was imposed was because of clerical error on part of VO which they removed on submission of facts to them .I was just enquiring as to what are my options.Anyhow I have planned to leave the country within 30 days of refusal .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I know what all you mean.But I am asking for help here .the ban that was imposed was because of clerical error on part of VO which they removed on submission of facts to them .I was just enquiring as to what are my options.Anyhow I have planned to leave the country within 30 days of refusal .
If you were banned, then there is no other option. It is unlikely that a ban what due to clerical error.

Amardeep84

Aug 3, 2014
If you were banned, then there is no other option. It is unlikely that a ban what due to clerical error.
So you mean ban was not a clerical error and they still gave me visa to enter even when the ban was imposed .well I don’t think so.They removed ban because it was a case of mistaken identity .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So you mean ban was not a clerical error and they still gave me visa to enter even when the ban was imposed .well I don’t think so.They removed ban because it was a case of mistaken identity .
You aren't actually explaining anything. You are talking about your refusal and then you start mentioning a ban with zero explanation about it being from a previous app.

Amardeep84

Aug 3, 2014
You aren't actually explaining anything. You are talking about your refusal and then you start mentioning a ban with zero explanation about it being from a previous app.
well ban was not in talks here untill hero member coping with life brought it into notice here from my two years previous another forum

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your profile is now so complicated that it is obvious that you're doing everything you can to remain in Canada. IRCC knows this as well. Expect any application you make to receive high scrutiny and high chance of refusals.