+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension--Old passport stamps also needed?

Pina Colada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Hello,
I'm in the process of applying visitor extension online (I come from a country that does not need a TRV)

Now I'm confused about the section of "providing passport pages & any visa".
I've been using my new passport for enter Canada; however, my valid US visa is on the old (expired) passport. Also, I used to be on working permit, which was applied by using the old passport (I had used the old passport to enter & leave Canada quite a few times too).

Should I include the old passport stamps pages as well ?

Old & New passport are of different passport numbers.

Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Pina Colada said:
Hello,
I'm in the process of applying visitor extension online (I come from a country that does not need a TRV)

Now I'm confused about the section of "providing passport pages & any visa".
I've been using my new passport for enter Canada; however, my valid US visa is on the old (expired) passport. Also, I used to be on working permit, which was applied by using the old passport (I had used the old passport to enter & leave Canada quite a few times too).

Should I include the old passport stamps pages as well ?

Old & New passport are of different passport numbers.

Thanks

The instruction is clear on this one: " If you apply online, you must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document. Include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.; and any pages with stamps, visas or markings. "

So there you can see that they are only interested in your valid passport, that is the one you are using for travelling (just one) any other visas, documents, in any other passports (even if valid, but not used for travelling) are of no interest at this moment.

Pina Colada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
That makes sense. Thanks a lot.

And do you think I could use my husband's bank statement ( instead of mine), as proof of fund ?
The rationale here is "husband supports my stay during the visit period"

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Pina Colada said:
That makes sense. Thanks a lot.
Read my signature.

Pina Colada said:
And do you think I could use my husband's bank statement ( instead of mine), as proof of fund ?
The rationale here is "husband supports my stay during the visit period"
It depends on how you applied the first time. Each time "situations change" there are other things implied.

As a rule of thumb if it is not your money then you need to demonstrate you are a dependant. If your first TRV was given as a dependent that is OK, if not then a refusal can happen if you can't prove you are his dependant.