+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension approved even though ask for medical exam.

robin123

Dec 21, 2015
Hi All

I have applied for my visit visa extension at the end of March and got a letter from CIC on 20th April requesting medical exam which should be done within a month and unable to do within this time resulting refusal of my application. But after one day I got another letter from CIC which showing they approved my application and allow me to stay here in Canada for another six months. MyCIC also showing that my case has been closed and they need not any further documents.

Now my question is whether I need to do the medical exam as I got a letter from them. Any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated.

reviei

Jan 31, 2018
Sorry this post has been forever but I was wondering if you had to do the exam or not? I am on the same boat now! Thank you

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hey there,

Sorry I don't have much experience with this but as far as I remember, I did come across some people on this forum who faced kinda similar situations. I think your permit is going to have a condition written on it asking you to complete medical within 30 days. Unless you already have a valid medical exam, you should definitely do it I believe. If you have valid medical exam one already, then may be ask via IRCC webform if you need to do another one.

Definitely try searching on this forum, I'm sure you would find similar situations on this forum, and see what they did. BUT DO NOT delay beyond the deadline being given though unless you're completely sure :)

Hope this helps

reviei

Jan 31, 2018
Hey there,

Sorry I don't have much experience with this but as far as I remember, I did come across some people on this forum who faced kinda similar situations. I think your permit is going to have a condition written on it asking you to complete medical within 30 days. Unless you already have a valid medical exam, you should definitely do it I believe. If you have valid medical exam one already, then may be ask via IRCC webform if you need to do another one.

Definitely try searching on this forum, I'm sure you would find similar situations on this forum, and see what they did. BUT DO NOT delay beyond the deadline being given though unless you're completely sure :)

Hope this helps
Thank you very much I really appreciate your time :)