+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Visa or Open work permit for Spouse of PGWP

dilanko

Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

I am from India and currently on a Post Graduate work permit which is Valid till Feb 2015. I am working in Canada in Skilled job NOC B type. I am getting married in Feb 2013 and would like to get my spouse along with me.

I am in dilemma regarding the type of Visa I have to apply for my Spouse and the success rate (Visitor Visa or Open work permit). To my understanding a Spouse of a PGWP holder is eligible for open work permit.

I went through different posts and suggestions for various options available for spouses like Apply for visitor visa and apply for Open work permit with in Canada or directly apply for Open work Permit from India along with TRV.

Can seniors in this forum suggest which would be the best way to get my spouse here. Pls let me know what kind of documentation is needed from my employer to apply Visa for my spouse.

Thanks for your time...

Regards..

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Hi There ,
Hope your spouse is in Canada by now.
I am also in the same situation.I am getting married in September 2013.and my pgwp is valid until 2015.
Can you please share your experience and the best process to bring the spouse as soon as possible (visit or owp) as i heard from other forums that first applying for the visit visa and then applying for the owp within the country is the fastest and the most accurate way.

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Same Situation, here please share your experience and let me know ...

Which visa should apply first Visitor or OWP as i checked there are so many rejection i have seen in Visitor visa ..

plz share your experience that would help us to apply.

Regards
Raj

Viz

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same situation but I guess owp is better beacuse there is no LMO required. I am still confused as my consultant told me that u will stamped owp at the port of entry so its same as vistor visa or comes under the work permit category. Can anybody clarify

nisarg1711

May 14, 2014
dilanko said:
Hi,

I am from India and currently on a Post Graduate work permit which is Valid till Feb 2015. I am working in Canada in Skilled job NOC B type. I am getting married in Feb 2013 and would like to get my spouse along with me.

I am in dilemma regarding the type of Visa I have to apply for my Spouse and the success rate (Visitor Visa or Open work permit). To my understanding a Spouse of a PGWP holder is eligible for open work permit.

I went through different posts and suggestions for various options available for spouses like Apply for visitor visa and apply for Open work permit with in Canada or directly apply for Open work Permit from India along with TRV.

Can seniors in this forum suggest which would be the best way to get my spouse here. Pls let me know what kind of documentation is needed from my employer to apply Visa for my spouse.

Thanks for your time...

Regards..

Hi,

Can you please share what happened in you case as I am in the same boat as you were?

Please help.

Thanks