+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting USA

easylife

Oct 15, 2012
Hello there,

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada who would like to visit a relative in Buffalo, NY. Since I am not a Canadian Citizen, I understand that I do need a visa to cross the border . Does anyone have a link to the visit visa form that I need to complete in order to get my visa? Is it form "DS-160" or is there another visitor visa form that should be filled instead? Approximately how long will the application process take?

Let me know,

thanks,

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
Hi easylife

If you are a permanent resident of Canada you may need to obtain a non-immigrant visa in order to enter the US. You must get a visa from the American authorities before you enter the US. You must also have a valid passport from your country of citizenship.

If you are a citizen of a country with a visa waiver agreement, you do not need a visa to enter the US.

http://www.dhs.gov/crossing-us-borders#2

easylife

Oct 15, 2012
matthew_fitzy said:
Hi easylife

If you are a permanent resident of Canada you may need to obtain a non-immigrant visa in order to enter the US. You must get a visa from the American authorities before you enter the US. You must also have a valid passport from your country of citizenship.

If you are a citizen of a country with a visa waiver agreement, you do not need a visa to enter the US.
I hold Pakistani passport so i'm sure i'm not on a visa waiver agreement :) Just wanted to confirm if it is form "DS-160" and it seems that I may be on the right track.

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
easylife said:
I hold Pakistani passport so i'm sure i'm not on a visa waiver agreement :) Just wanted to confirm if it is form "DS-160" and it seems that I may be on the right track.
That looks like the correct form.

A

achander

easylife said:
Hello there,

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada who would like to visit a relative in Buffalo, NY. Since I am not a Canadian Citizen, I understand that I do need a visa to cross the border . Does anyone have a link to the visit visa form that I need to complete in order to get my visa? Is it form "DS-160" or is there another visitor visa form that should be filled instead? Approximately how long will the application process take?

Let me know,

thanks,
Hi there,

I think you are on the right track. I am in the same situation as you, i am planning on applying for a US visit visa soon. I think once you submit the application online, you need to take an appt with the consulate for interview. Please let me know how the process goes for you. I don't see it being a big deal but I hear it can take a while to get an appt (for the slot to open up)

good luck