Badz

Sep 18, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
HI to all

Please help !we are just landed here in Montreal and wanted to visit US but don't have our PR card yet still waiting can you please give me your experience if it's possible in our case to go and visit US we have our US visitor visa , pls advice

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Do you have visa exempt passport?

harshadsoman

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
20-12-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015 (Passport collected on 17-06-15)
Badz said:
We have passport and U.S. visa landed paper in canada
What ttrajan is asking you is whether you have a passport that will allow you visa-free access to Canada. This is to ascertain if you will be allowed entry to Canada without your PR card or a Canadian travel document i.e. in the basis of your passport alone.

What's your nationality?

Badz

Sep 18, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi we are Mauritian in our passport we have us visa visitor and immigrant visa expiring sept we are coming in Canada Montreal on June we want to travel thru tourist bus going to us for 2days what ever the tour is available t that time I believe our PR card is still not receive so iam asking your big help for clarification IF we can travel to US and back to CANADA with our landing papers and passport with the immigrant visa on it

Thansk

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Badz said:
Hi we are Mauritian in our passport we have us visa visitor and immigrant visa expiring sept we are coming in Canada Montreal on June we want to travel thru tourist bus going to us for 2days what ever the tour is available t that time I believe our PR card is still not receive so iam asking your big help for clarification IF we can travel to US and back to CANADA with our landing papers and passport with the immigrant visa on it
Commercial carriers such as buses, planes or ferries require either a TRV or PR card to allow a non visa-exempt person to travel to Canada. You would not be allowed to board a bus back to Canada with your COPR and already used immigrant visa.

You can enter Canada in a private car with just your COPR.

Pameladominic

Feb 11, 2018
Hello All!! I know the post is not new, but just in case I will left my question.
I am in Canada from september 2017 I have valid eTA (Chile) so I can stay for maximum of 6 months (until march 2018), but I am applying for sponsorship with my canadian husband Inland and read that I need to have my visitor status during the waiting time (1 year). I presume that I can extend my visitor status. But Also I am going to Miami for holidays in March. That could be work for get a new stamp for others 6 months? but not sure if I will have a problem coming back to Canada again.. help please! Thank you