+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting US as a Can Intl Student

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
Hello! I have a US Tourist Visa and a Canadian TRV along with Study Permit.

I will be studying in Vancouver. As you know, the drive to Seattle from Vancouver is a matter of mere hours. My room mate who’s a Canadian visits Blaine for his weekly re-fuel trips. He offered me to come along with him. We are not gonna be staying overnight. It’s like a day trip. I have all valid documents.

Now the question. Would I be allowed to re enter Canada?
• I will be travelling on a day where I have no classes. I only have classes 3 days a week.
• I meet the study permit conditions and am a full time student. The job hours do not apply to me due to the temp rule in place.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello! I have a US Tourist Visa and a Canadian TRV along with Study Permit.

I will be studying in Vancouver. As you know, the drive to Seattle from Vancouver is a matter of mere hours. My room mate who’s a Canadian visits Blaine for his weekly re-fuel trips. He offered me to come along with him. We are not gonna be staying overnight. It’s like a day trip. I have all valid documents.

Now the question. Would I be allowed to re enter Canada?
• I will be travelling on a day where I have no classes. I only have classes 3 days a week.
• I meet the study permit conditions and am a full time student. The job hours do not apply to me due to the temp rule in place.
Re-entry depends on Boarders officer on both side [CBSA and CBP], But as long as you have valid visa and answer questions properly i dont see any issues. Make sure to apply i-94 to avoid being sent to secondary examination. It costs $6 for non citizens. I live near both Peace Arch and Pacific borders, takes me 5mins to border point and i buy gas every two weeks in Blaine.

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
Re-entry depends on Boarders officer on both side [CBSA and CBP], But as long as you have valid visa and answer questions properly i dont see any issues. Make sure to apply i-94 to avoid being sent to secondary examination. It costs $6 for non citizens. I live near both Peace Arch and Pacific borders, takes me 5mins to border point and i buy gas every two weeks in Blaine.
Thank you Simba! Never knew regarding such a form. I will be sure to fill this whenever I decide to go down to US.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume you will be able to access your school portal to prove that you’re actively studying if ever questioned. As long as you have proof that you are studying you shouldn’t have an issue reentering Canada.

Reactions: michaelofficial123