+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Egypt

tearsandjoy

Apr 10, 2024
Hello everyone, I would like to know if it's safe to Visit Egypt now? and does it necessary to get Travel Medical Insurance when visiting there? TIA!

ViceVersa

Feb 5, 2024
Travelling internationally can always cause some concerns but I'm sure with proper precautions Egypt could be just fine. I went a few years ago and really enjoyed seeing the history and views. A few tips - mainly stick to more populated areas and watch out for scams as always. And travel insurance isn't a bad idea just in case, better safe than sorry. But overall I found it safe as long as common sense rules apply.

Reactions: tearsandjoy

tearsandjoy

Apr 10, 2024
Travelling internationally can always cause some concerns but I'm sure with proper precautions Egypt could be just fine. I went a few years ago and really enjoyed seeing the history and views. A few tips - mainly stick to more populated areas and watch out for scams as always. And travel insurance isn't a bad idea just in case, better safe than sorry. But overall I found it safe as long as common sense rules apply.
I'll be getting travel Insurance for just incase. :) Ohh, that's nice to hear you've been into Egypt, What are the places you could recommend that you enjoy when you go there? I will be travelling there solo and hearing about the scams is a little concerning.

ViceVersa

Feb 5, 2024
When I went, I really enjoyed Cairo - definitely see the pyramids and Sphinx which are a must. Take a walking tour around old Cairo too. In Luxor, spend time seeing all the amazing temples - Karnak was breathtaking. Also take the boat ride down the Nile. For beaches, Sharm El Sheikh was pretty and relaxed. Just be aware of your surroundings like any tourist place.

As for scams, don't accept any "too good to be true" deals. Stick to licensed guides at historic sites and taxis from hotels. Have cash on hand too.

Reactions: tearsandjoy

ViceVersa

Feb 5, 2024
I'd actually recommend using GoWithGuide instead of a random Facebook tour deal. Facebook groups can be hit or miss, and it's better to go with a trusted tour company directly. Guide services through sites like GoWithGuide allow you to browse reviews of local guides and choose one that fits your interests and budget. You know they're legitimate operators and licensed guides. Peace of mind is important when traveling solo. I'd go through them to book your tours of Cairo, Luxor, etc. and feel confident you're in good hands.