+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting canada with family - wife and 2 kids

eagles

Jan 29, 2010
Hi Experts,

I am planning to go for a short vacation in Canada with my wife and 2 kids. I am currently on H1b in US and working in Vermont.

The only question I have is - Do i need to fill out form IMM5409(Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union)? Does it need to be notarized? Does commissioner of oath means public notary?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eagles said:
Hi Experts,

I am planning to go for a short vacation in Canada with my wife and 2 kids. I am currently on H1b in US and working in Vermont.

The only question I have is - Do i need to fill out form IMM5409(Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union)? Does it need to be notarized? Does commissioner of oath means public notary?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Are you and wife in a Common Law Union (not married but living together)? If you are then you fill it up.

eagles

Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for the reply.

No we are legally married and my name is printed in her passport too.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
if you are legally married, you don't need to fill in that form. yes, commissioner of oath means public notary, what are you planning to notarize?

eagles

Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to notarize IMM5409, since I don't need it now based on your replies I am not going to.

Thanks again.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
you never need to notarize any of the forms. the only papers that can require notarization for a visitor's visa are the copies of the documents and and letter of invitation.

eagles

Jan 29, 2010
Which documents in particular? I don't see consulate site mentioning anywhere to notarize any documents. (canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng)

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eagles said:
Which documents in particular? I don't see consulate site mentioning anywhere to notarize any documents. (canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng)

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
If somebody invited you for a visit, that is what you have to notarize especially if it was in the form of an undertaking of responsibility. But if you are just coming to Canada for a visit/tourism purposes then you don't have to notarize anything.

eagles

Jan 29, 2010
Great...thanks.

I am just going to visit Canada for tourism purposes and be back in couple of days.

Thanks,
Nayah

eagles

Jan 29, 2010
Hi,

Do I need to submit original I-797 or the copy? Just want to make sure before I send the application.

Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eagles said:
Hi,

Do I need to submit original I-797 or the copy? Just want to make sure before I send the application.

Thanks.
Hi,

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSUS

If you are in the United States with H-1 status, please provide:

* Your original I-797 approval notice form and
* A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

If you are in the United States with J-1 status, please provide:

* Your original DS-2019

And those asked for in the checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.PDF

Also check for additional requirements of the visa office you are submitting your application to.

eagles

Jan 29, 2010
Last question.

IMM5257 - Q11 - name, address, relationship of any person or institution I will visit are.

I will be just living in a hotel for couple of days, and will not be visiting any person.

Should I write hotel address instead?

Thanks,
Nayab

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eagles said:
Last question.

IMM5257 - Q11 - name, address, relationship of any person or institution I will visit are.

I will be just living in a hotel for couple of days, and will not be visiting any person.

Should I write hotel address instead?

Thanks,
Nayab
Q11 - " ... you will visit ..." Is there any particular person/institution you want to visit? If there is no one or there is none, put none.

fogo

May 30, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May05,10
Doc's Request.
Oct 19,10
AOR Received.
1st : Oct19,10 2nd: 09-06-11
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Jan12,10
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Visiting canada with family - wife and 2 kids

HI All,

I have submit the application of my mom and dad and send "Statutory Declaration form of common law union" and notarized the same by mistake as my parents have genuine legal marriage supported by their marriage certificate. What will happen, as i wrote the CHC Islamabad to return back the application package, seniors any advise please!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??? ??? ???