+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting canada and married

azndude

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Hello, I have an aunt in Canada Toronto area. My parents want me to get married
to my aunt's daughter. It's like an arrange marriage and I don't object to it.
But the process is I will plan on visiting Canada, and then get married to her,
is this even possible? What are the regulations so that we both can get married
and live together while I am visiting her? Will we have to go through any immigration interview, etc.?
We don't want to go with the route of sponsoring me from abroad.

Also, is it true that if I am applying for PR in Canada, I cannot appeal if the application is rejected?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there,
when I read your post, first, I wanted to help you and give you answer to your question, ....BUT.... when I read it for the second time, I said..this person is going to marry his ant daughter to get the PR and maybe get divorce later....This forum are for real couple, who love each other and who are willing to do anything in order to be together and not to be grant a PR,...so I don't think you will get much help.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
You are marrying your aunt's daughter. You must be so desperate for PR or out of your mind. Well i hope you won't be approve for PR if you go ahead with the marriage.

azndude

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Oh no... you guys misunderstood... She's not my parents' siblings. She is a distant relationship with my family and it's common call in my country when someone is older than my parents.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
what country are you from?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I don't have any problem with anyone getting married with his aunt daughter or something similar, even in my country (lebanon) people get marry with their real aunt daughter and even their uncle daughter....the issue is , it is clear that you are marriying her to get a PR....that what I have problem with, because here, we are real couple, married because we love each other, we suffer a huge amount of pain being apart, waiting our PR to be reunite with each other, and there is as well people being seperated from their children...so I hope your process will be lonnnnng and painful

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
rorita_76 said:
I don't have any problem with anyone getting married with his aunt daughter or something similar, even in my country (lebanon) people get marry with their real aunt daughter and even their uncle daughter....the issue is , it is clear that you are marriying her to get a PR....that what I have problem with, because here, we are real couple, married because we love each other, we suffer a huge amount of pain being apart, waiting our PR to be reunite with each other, and there is as well people being seperated from their children...so I hope your process will be lonnnnng and painful
rorita_76

azndud did not say any word to suggest he is planning the marriage only to obtain PR. He even came back and made some clarification. While we understand your frustratiom, how can you justify your bitterness and hostility? would this make you feel better? Try to have a big heart and wish other people as you wish yourself.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonChains08 said:
Is it legal to marry your aunt's daughter?
In many countries it is but as the OP has clarified later, she isn't really his aunt, she's a distant relative and he only refers to her as his aunt.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
rorita does have a big heart and I'm sorry to have to defend her. None of us like the system being abused.. and sorry to say some arranged marriages are happening for PR. I've seen it too many times unfortunately.. it makes it that much harder for the legit couples even arranged ones to be taken seriously.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
unfortunately there cases when they do not believe couples who are truly in love and looking forward to spend future together... how to proof that you are deeply in love - that is heartbreaking

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you Boncuk for your reply. Halifax-Maple , sorry I made you angry, I have a bigger heart more than you think, and I wish people luck and good things, before myself, because it is what I have been raised on. The issue here, is there is real pain and sadness over this forum due to real couple, who love each other, who have decided to do anything in order to be together, even some of them wanted to leave Canada and go to his foreign spouse country, start from scratch his life, when they felt that their application is taking long time, and one of them my husband. I get frustrated when some people post their story or question, where they are clearly looking forward to get a PR, not to be with their loved one, or their family or children, and that make me feel bad, and make real couple here as well feel bad and angry. Sorry if I have insulted anyone by my post, but this is what I feel. End of story

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
rorita_76 said:
Thank you Boncuk for your reply. Halifax-Maple , sorry I made you angry....
rorita_76 and all,

Again, azndude did not say anything that can be taken against him. If the immigration of Canada is making life harder , this is not azndude' fault but the stupid dump bureaurocratic system. The arranged marriage is not as bad as it may appear in our "immature perception". "Forced marriage" is not the arranged marriage. Arranged marriage is an introduction to help people meet and choose. How many of so called love marriages" have survived. In anyway, we are here for immigration and not for social and cultural analysis. People who were married under the "arranged marriages scheme" are so happy and still in love.

Good day

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, as an answer to the original question, there is no fiance visa in Canada. If you don't need a visa to Canada, you can come as a visitor and get married. If you apply for a temporary visa saying you want to get married, you will likely be refused. If you can't get a visa, you can marry in your homeland and be sponsored from abroad.