+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa refused

relaxing101

Mar 5, 2024
Background of visit visa application : i first applied visit visa for canada back in 2019 when i am single to attend conference but visa was refused now this feb i applied again .
My Husband is US citizen and i am indian citizen we recently got married during his visit to here. we had plan to go to honey moon locally but due to his work obligation he left for usa. My husband brother is canadian citizen and he was unable to atttend our weeding so we made plan to go to canada for our honeymoon and family visit to canada .his brother provided us invitation letter .we made very strong visa application file with attached our honeymoon plan booking . my husband was coming from usa to canada and i was going from india to canada .we attached all supporting documents very properly .but within a week (this sunday ) i received refusal letter.till sunday on tracker eligibility was not start.
i guess chinook+3 made this auto decision .
reason to refuse was very silly.
1.Significant family tie in Canada ( what rubbish it is ? technically i dont have any blood family member in canada)

2.dont have significant family tie outside of Canada ( what else then husband will be family tie outside of canada ) he is us citizen and in process to apply me for us green card and we mentioned in our letter but i think visa officer never touch or review any of our supporting documents .( if i can blame to chinook 3+?

3.purpose of visit is not consistent ( honey moon & family union is not a purpose of visit is consistent ?)

My visa consultant suggested me to apply with same application and highlight visa officer mistake .
do you think is it good idea or what else we can do ?
Thanks everyone in advanc

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
1.Significant family tie in Canada ( what rubbish it is ? technically i dont have any blood family member in canada)
You are married so your brother in law is some tie. Not sure if it's very significant.

2.dont have significant family tie outside of Canada ( what else then husband will be family tie outside of canada ) he is us citizen and in process to apply me for us green card and we mentioned in our letter but i think visa officer never touch or review any of our supporting documents .( if i can blame to chinook 3+?
That usually mean tie to home country/where you are now. Do you have any tie to your home country like children? (I don't know your age... etc) Do you have visitor visa to be with your family in US (since your husband is living in US). Also since you just got married, may be the marriage needs more time to show the tie. (e.g. living with your spouse) Was that an arranged marriage? Having US visa will help in your case.

3.purpose of visit is not consistent ( honey moon & family union is not a purpose of visit is consistent ?)
You may have used the term "family union" too casually. It usually mean settling to live with your immedicate family. You may want to use honey moon and visiting relatives instead.

And make sure that you declare previous refusals (study premit and the last visitor visa)

BTW is your consultant an authorized representative?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/choose/authorized.html

relaxing101

Mar 5, 2024
You are married so your brother in law is some tie. Not sure if it's very significant.

My Consultant said its not significant tie .

That usually mean tie to home country/where you are now. Do you have any tie to your home country like children? (I don't know your age... etc) Do you have visitor visa to be with your family in US (since your husband is living in US). Also since you just got married, may be the marriage needs more time to show the tie. (e.g. living with your spouse) Was that an arranged marriage? Having US visa will help in your case.

No we just got married so no kids .i don't have USA visit visa and i cant apply us visit visa now because because i am future immigrant to usa and my intention is to live permanently in USA so it make sense i will get USA visit visa refusal that why we choose Canada for our honeymoon trip and this is completely make sense that i will return back to home after canada visit because it is not in my favor to our stay in Canada on visit visa and we mentioned this in our letter but thanks to chinook 3 + the visa officer didn't checked my supporting documents .

You may have used the term "family union" too casually. It usually mean settling to live with your immedicate family. You may want to use honey moon and visiting relatives instead.
sorry i used the wrong word family union . we just mentioned that we are going on honey moon and to visit brother in law because he was unable to attend marriage & for eid event ( holly festival )

And make sure that you declare previous refusals (study premit and the last visitor visa)
ok

BTW is your consultant an authorized representative?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/choose/authorized.html

yes he is .

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Background of visit visa application : i first applied visit visa for canada back in 2019 when i am single to attend conference but visa was refused now this feb i applied again .
My Husband is US citizen and i am indian citizen we recently got married during his visit to here. we had plan to go to honey moon locally but due to his work obligation he left for usa. My husband brother is canadian citizen and he was unable to atttend our weeding so we made plan to go to canada for our honeymoon and family visit to canada .his brother provided us invitation letter .we made very strong visa application file with attached our honeymoon plan booking . my husband was coming from usa to canada and i was going from india to canada .we attached all supporting documents very properly .but within a week (this sunday ) i received refusal letter.till sunday on tracker eligibility was not start.
reason to refuse was very silly.

My visa consultant suggested me to apply with same application and highlight visa officer mistake .
do you think is it good idea or what else we can do ?
Thanks everyone in advanc
I observe from your vies that you will not get CA Visa, because as you said you cant apply for US Visa as you are prospected Immigrant, the same way Canada thinks, you will remain in Canada for long to meet your spouse regularly as Canada is close to US.
I have also seen many refusals where you club family+vacations+holidays, its always advisable to be specific on travel.
Canada immigration also might thing you will stay at your BIL's place and at times invitation letter is negative impact also
Canada always thinks you should have your very good standing in your home country
I have travelled to many countries multiple times, all the times i applied visa myself, just after refusal of my wife and son visa, i took help of Travel Agent for Canada Visa as CA immigration officers are too strong

relaxing101

Mar 5, 2024
I observe from your vies that you will not get CA Visa, because as you said you cant apply for US Visa as you are prospected Immigrant, the same way Canada thinks, you will remain in Canada for long to meet your spouse regularly as Canada is close to US.
I have also seen many refusals where you club family+vacations+holidays, its always advisable to be specific on travel.
Canada immigration also might thing you will stay at your BIL's place and at times invitation letter is negative impact also
Canada always thinks you should have your very good standing in your home country
I have travelled to many countries multiple times, all the times i applied visa myself, just after refusal of my wife and son visa, i took help of Travel Agent for Canada Visa as CA immigration officers are too strong
thank you very much But how i can live in Canada too long without proper visa? if i overstay its will affect my American Immigration visa .so i must leave Canada within time.furturemore we attached BIL invitation letter with our honeymoon plan to build the reason that why we are choosing Only Canada for our honeymoon plan and why not Europe

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thank you very much But how i can live in Canada too long without proper visa? if i overstay its will affect my American Immigration visa .so i must leave Canada within time.furturemore we attached BIL invitation letter with our honeymoon plan to build the reason that why we are choosing Only Canada for our honeymoon plan and why not Europe
You need to show very strong tie to your home country. If you don't have children, may be a job that you have to return immediately after. The vacation request/approval from your employer. Or property that you own and things that requires you to attend to in your home country.
I agree that Canada is close to US and IRCC may be worried that you will overstay to be closer to your husband (since you said Green card takes 3 years).

Reactions: canuck78

relaxing101

Mar 5, 2024
You need to show very strong tie to your home country. If you don't have children, may be a job that you have to return immediately after. The vacation request/approval from your employer. Or property that you own and things that requires you to attend to in your home country.
I agree that Canada is close to US and IRCC may be worried that you will overstay to be closer to your husband (since you said Green card takes 3 years).
i am agree with you for some extend but i can imagine that IRCC will/shall not worry about that i can overstay my visa because they know it will be not a good option for me to overstay .I can blame on chinook 3+ on my previous refusal

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
There is nothing like Auto Decision..
There is always an officer who take the decision.

You used a consultant, is he RCIC

dont have significant family tie outside of Canada
This means that you dont have ties in your home country. Your ties to home country should be strong enought to overcome ties outside country.

Purpose of trip.. Honeymoon in Canada
This itself is a red flag, Canada is not touristic place and not a Honeymoon destination at all.

Always think from VO POV. For a VO you are intended illegal immigrant until YOU prove otherwise.

In my opinion, a VO will be thinking as follows:
- Given that you are recently married and not lived with your husband, this marriage could be sham and need to be strictly deal with.
- Person not lived together but want to go honeymoon in not a honeymoon destination country?
- Why she didnt go to USA and do there honeymoon there?
- Where is the immigration file for her in USA?
- what is she stay illegally in Canada until she sort her USA petition, which could take years?
- what if she came here and then applied for asylum and said her husband is abusive?
- What guarantee her return to USA or home country after the intended honeymoon?

I gave you few examples on how the VO thinks and why you got rejected.

I am sorry to be harsh, but this is reality. Until you have bullet proof ties to your home country or immigration status in your husband country. Forget that you will get a Canadian visa.

relaxing101

Mar 5, 2024
There is nothing like Auto Decision..
There is always an officer who take the decision.

You used a consultant, is he RCIC

dont have significant family tie outside of Canada
This means that you dont have ties in your home country. Your ties to home country should be strong enought to overcome ties outside country.

Purpose of trip.. Honeymoon in Canada
This itself is a red flag, Canada is not touristic place and not a Honeymoon destination at all.

Always think from VO POV. For a VO you are intended illegal immigrant until YOU prove otherwise.

In my opinion, a VO will be thinking as follows:
- Given that you are recently married and not lived with your husband, this marriage could be sham and need to be strictly deal with.

can understand but on flip side its common .person have work obligation in USA.

- Person not lived together but want to go honeymoon in not a honeymoon destination country?
we mentioned in letter that we choose Canada for honeymoon because His brother Canadian citizen l& we have to celebrate our holly festival with family

- Why she didnt go to USA and do there honeymoon there?

i cant because my Husband is American Citizen

- Where is the immigration file for her in USA?
its take time to process.

- what is she stay illegally in Canada until she sort her USA petition, which could take years?
i think they knows that illegal anywhere will affect my USA petition

- what if she came here and then applied for asylum and said her husband is abusive?
to be very honest we never think about this view so i have no answer

- What guarantee her return to USA or home country after the intended honeymoon?
i will have no option except to leave Canada within time period

I gave you few examples on how the VO thinks and why you got rejected.

I am sorry to be harsh, but this is reality. Until you have bullet proof ties to your home country or immigration status in your husband country. Forget that you will get a Canadian visa.
no .you good thanks for your feed back.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Always use a RCIC consultant. You cannot trust a unofficial ghost consulatnt. Many consultants especially outside Canada CLAIMS that they are RCIC where they are not official and registered RCIC in Canada.
The refusal letter have generic system refusal points. You need to apply GCMS notes and you will know the exact notes written on your file by the VO. This will give you insight about the refusal.
You Brother in law can apply for GCMS notes for you, or you can get service from any online website to get your notes. It will take 30 days to come after submission of request.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: relaxing101

relaxing101

Mar 5, 2024
Always use a RCIC consultant. You cannot trust a unofficial ghost consulatnt.
The refusal letter have generic system refusal points. You need to apply GCMS notes and you will know the exact notes written on your file by the VO. This will give you insight about the refusal.
You Brother in law can apply for GCMS notes for you, or you can get service from any online website to get your notes. It will take 30 days to come after submission of request.
Good luck.
Thanks
I have RCIC consultant. he is in Canada and my husband went Canada few months ago and met with him personally and we checked his consultant number In RCIC he is pushing me to reapply with same documents with explanation letter and for reconsideration email through web forum for previous application because he is not satisfied with refusal reason . He told me if we get same answer then will Go for judicial review.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Thanks
I have RCIC consultant. he is in Canada and my husband went Canada few months ago and met with him personally and we checked his consultant number In RCIC he is pushing me to reapply with same documents with explanation letter and for reconsideration email through web forum for previous application because he is not satisfied with refusal reason . He told me if we get same answer then will Go for judicial review.
I started doubting your RCIC consultant experience. What I explained earlier is ABC of visit visa application.
The bottom line is , until IRCC is satisfied that you are well established and have strong ties in your home country OR an immigration status in your husband country. It is highly likely to get refusals.
The JR is a long and expensive process and I dont see a strong base for that too.

relaxing101

Mar 5, 2024
i dont know what to do .i asked him again today and he is stick on his point. there is another hypothetical question i have .please put some light on that .let say i applied again and got refused and in future my husband move to Canada on work visa and if i apply in this scenario will i be able to get visit visa ?
thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks
What you haven't put in this discussion is that if your recently refused TRV has already included your tied to home country. If you already put everything in that application, may be your consultant is correct. But if you haven't or you really have no strong tie in your home country, then just applying with only the fact that you married with a US citizen is not a very strong application.
You may get "lucky", I don't know.

I can't answer your other question. We do not know if immigration policy will change when your husband eventually get a job and move to Canada.