+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa for sister

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to ask some of family member from Pakistan to assist in pregnancy related things. Primarily I will be inviting my mother through super-visa but the problem is that due to her old age and communication problem she wont be able to do this trip all alone.
For this, I want my sister to assist her in the trip. I want her to get a visit visa for Canada.

She would have bank account but she is a university student there and does not do any job (private teaching job - so nothing on documents). Do you think there are chances for her visit visa getting approved?

If the immigration authorities approve my mother's visa and rejects her then there will be another problem related to her travel.

Also, I am assuming that supervisa application will be entirely separate and her visit visa application will be entirely separate. Correct?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to ask some of family member from Pakistan to assist in pregnancy related things. Primarily I will be inviting my mother through super-visa but the problem is that due to her old age and communication problem she wont be able to do this trip all alone.
For this, I want my sister to assist her in the trip. I want her to get a visit visa for Canada.

She would have bank account but she is a university student there and does not do any job (private teaching job - so nothing on documents). Do you think there are chances for her visit visa getting approved?

If the immigration authorities approve my mother's visa and rejects her then there will be another problem related to her travel.

Also, I am assuming that supervisa application will be entirely separate and her visit visa application will be entirely separate. Correct?
Yes both visas are separate. Airports are very travel friendly and are able to support travelers of various languages are travelers who aren't familiar with travel. Young adults often struggle to secure TRVs because they usually don't own property, have strong ties to their home country like longterm job and spouse/children, aren't able to support their own travel, etc. If approved your sister would also need special authorization to travel. Due to covid any temporary travel like bringing your mother to Canada would likely be seen as non-essential especially since airlines and airports can help people traveling and if your mother is too frail to travel on her own there may be concerns about whether she should qualify for a supervisa. As visitors both your mother and sister can't work so would only be allowed to provide emotional support for your family during the pregnancy. Pregnant women and infants are considered vulnerable to covid and they have contact with the healthcare system regularly and often unplanned so your mother will be required to quarantine in a separate location like basement or airbnb/hotel after her hotel quarantine.

All you can do is try and apply for a TRV and if approved try to get special authorization but have a plan B. Nobody can predict approval but focus on ties to her home country and proof she will return home.

ouahmed611

Feb 10, 2021

Hey @ciscoccie,
I am wondering what did you end up doing?

I am in the same situation and indecisive if I should only invite my parents under super visa, or apply for a visit visa for my parents and sister(minor) altogether?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hey @ciscoccie,
I am wondering what did you end up doing?

I am in the same situation and indecisive if I should only invite my parents under super visa, or apply for a visit visa for my parents and sister(minor) altogether?
As mentioned many people fly needing assistance, and the IRCC knows this . Book them wheelchair assistance, write a note in English the traveller keeps with them , and call it a day .