+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa for Indian parents travelling to the US

ronyjacob

Jan 7, 2010
Hi,

I live in Toronto and I would like to apply for a visit visa for my parents who live in India.
There are visa agents in India who can help us out with the process.

My current question:

My parents are travelling to the US to visit my brother this month. I plan to send all the documents for the canada visa and the agent would apply to the Delhi Consulate before they fly to the US.

If they get approved, can they send their passport for visa stamping to any of the consulates in the US or do I have to send the stamping to Delhi itself?

Second question, If I they do send it to Delhi itself, will the consulate be able to ship the passport to anywhere in the US or does it have to be their residential address in India?

Thanks in advance for a quick response

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
There are visa agents in India who can help us out with the process.
Oh no. Please don't.

If they get approved, can they send their passport for visa stamping to any of the consulates in the US
Yes.

Second question, If I they do send it to Delhi itself, will the consulate be able to ship the passport to anywhere in the US
No. If they send their passports to the VFS in Delhi, they can only return within India.
Besides, how will they be able to travel to the US without their visas and passports?

ronyjacob

Jan 7, 2010
So would you suggest the following:

I apply online for a visa for my parents from Canada. Submit all of the documents on their behalf.
At the time of application, their passports would still with them. They would travel to the US
Once they get approval and the consulate asks for the passport, can they send it to a Canadian High Commision in the US and get it stamped?
And they travel to Canada from the US?

Would this work?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
That works. They will send it to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in the US, who will send it to the consulate.

ronyjacob

Jan 7, 2010
I am in the process of apply for the visa online for my parents and there is a question - "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada? "

I have started with my father's online application and my mother plans to accompany him. However neither of them have a Canadian visa.
I have a PR status here in Canada. Should I be answering Yes or No here?

The reason I ask is because I am sponsoring their application and they would staying with me

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am in the process of apply for the visa online for my parents and there is a question - "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada? "

I have started with my father's online application and my mother plans to accompany him. However neither of them have a Canadian visa.
I have a PR status here in Canada. Should I be answering Yes or No here?

The reason I ask is because I am sponsoring their application and they would staying with me
1. The answer is no.