+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
When you make payments via credit cards, usually the web browser opens a "payment gateway", this asks you to input some information to verify if the transaction is being done by an authorized user, and most of the times requires you to enter an OTP .. send to the registered mobile number and / or email address associated with the credit card. Look out for that, or use a laptop / computer and ensure pop up blocker is disabled so you can see the payment gateway.
I used Chromebook when I made the payment. Looks like I have the pop-ups blocked in the browser. I will disable that and try again. Thanks.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Has anyone had the experience of sending a family member instead of the applicant to submit the passport for PPR?

On https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/apply-visa, the following paragraph is present :

2.Through an authorized representative – You'll have to send in your original passport, along with the pre-printed passport request letter and a duly filled VFS Global Consent Form for the authorized representative, to the Visa Application Centre. To submit your passport at the Visa Application Centre, you'll have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission.

- The 'pre-printed passport request letter' is the PPR letter that IRCC sends us in the email, which we have to print and take with us?

- As it the same location where the biometrics was done and this is the first time passport and docs would be submitted for PPR. We don't have to pay the service charge for Package Transmission right?

- It is better for the authorized representative to carry a government issued ID like Aadhar card with them, right?

Can someone please tell me if my understanding is correct?

Thank you in advance.

Neohere

Feb 8, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I applied for my Parents Visitor visa on 24-June-2022 through the New IRCC portal. Strange thing happened.
I selected Principal (Primary) applicant as my Father. However in couple of hours, the UCI was generated for my Mother and she received the Biometric letter.
Right now, my Father (who is the principal applicant), has NOT received the Biometric letter nor UCI has been generated.

Please advise
@harryguns : How long did you have to wait before you received biometrics letter for your mother? I am in same boat right now and worried if the wait is too long my father's letter will expire. Any leads are appreciated! Thanks!

Neohere

Feb 8, 2019
Hi All,
I submitted visitor visa application for my Parents today. Made father as principal application and mother as dependent. After few hours of submission, I received the biometric collection letter for my Father but not for my Mother.
Anything happen like this to someone else? What can be the reason of not receiving biometric letter for my mom?
Hi @Jyaro1 , I am in same boat right now for my parents! How long you had to wait? Any leads are appreciated, thanks!!

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Has anyone had the experience of sending a family member instead of the applicant to submit the passport for PPR?

On https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/apply-visa, the following paragraph is present :

2.Through an authorized representative – You'll have to send in your original passport, along with the pre-printed passport request letter and a duly filled VFS Global Consent Form for the authorized representative, to the Visa Application Centre. To submit your passport at the Visa Application Centre, you'll have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission.

- The 'pre-printed passport request letter' is the PPR letter that IRCC sends us in the email, which we have to print and take with us?

- As it the same location where the biometrics was done and this is the first time passport and docs would be submitted for PPR. We don't have to pay the service charge for Package Transmission right?

- It is better for the authorized representative to carry a government issued ID like Aadhar card with them, right?

Can someone please tell me if my understanding is correct?

Thank you in advance.
If you’re in India, the only way to send passport is via VFS door to door courier option. You’re not allowed to take the passport in person.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
If you’re in India, the only way to send passport is via VFS door to door courier option. You’re not allowed to take the passport in person.
I heard from someone in Hyderabad who's parents went to submit their passports in person and also picked them up after they were ready.

On VFS website : https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/ - In the 'Important Information' section, they have this now :

4 August 2022

Effective Monday, 01st August 2022 applicants can submit their passports (with prior appointment) and collect their decision envelopes (walk-in) from Monday-Friday between 9:00 to 17:00 Hrs at all Visa Application centers in India.

Last edited:
Reactions: kumarh2020

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I heard from someone in Hyderabad who's parents went to submit their passports in person and also picked them up after they were ready.

On VFS website : https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/ - In the 'Important Information' section, they have this now :

4 August 2022

Effective Monday, 01st August 2022 applicants can submit their passports (with prior appointment) and collect their decision envelopes (walk-in) from Monday-Friday between 9:00 to 17:00 Hrs at all Visa Application centers in India.
Good to know! thanks for letting us know, glad they've opened walk-in for drop off and pickup. I know many weren't willing to pay 4000 rupees per applicant for the door to door service, and which also made no sense, but Covid had the VFS centres get a lot of free money!

Reactions: krishere1982

bastie25

Jun 1, 2022
Hi! I just want to know if ever my application gets approved and if I am not in the country where I initially applied. Is it possible to submit my passport to the country where I currently stay? I've already checked and there's a VFS global in the country I'm currently in. Thanks!

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi! I just want to know if ever my application gets approved and if I am not in the country where I initially applied. Is it possible to submit my passport to the country where I currently stay? I've already checked and there's a VFS global in the country I'm currently in. Thanks!
Ideally no. The issuing country is the one that’s using their resources to review your eligibility and does your background check. Another country May have different standards.
You can check with the VFS centre in your new country and proceed from there. Do so asap because after PPR request you only have 30 days to submit.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Yes after approval you can submit your passport with approval letter at any vfs or some canadian embassies for.vusa stamp i my self got stamped my visa from usa while i applied in pakistan on pakistani passport

Reactions: bastie25

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Ideally no. The issuing country is the one that’s using their resources to review your eligibility and does your background check. Another country May have different standards.
You can check with the VFS centre in your new country and proceed from there. Do so asap because after PPR request you only have 30 days to submit.
He can submit his passport a y where

ankita0333

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Timeline for parents visa
Applied 17 August 2022
Biometrics 23rd august Completed same day
Review started 4th october
BVL and PPR 9th October
Please let me know if you have questions

Last edited: