+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application From US

invisible_sk

Apr 5, 2016
Hi guys

I submitted my application to visit canada and today i got passport request.

I am indian national currently in US. I will need to send my passport to either los angles or newyork.
How much processing time would they take as i am worried now. I have already booked my ticket to visit to india on 18th december.

Is there anyway i can ask them to expedite the process and send me my passport back as soon as possible?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys

I am indian national currently in US. I will need to send my passport to either los angles or newyork.
How much processing time would they take as i am worried now. I have already booked my ticket to visit to india on 18th december.

Is there anyway i can ask them to expedite the process and send me my passport back as soon as possible?
You've got plenty of time. Nothing to worry about.

It would take around 7-10 business days

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing_times

Hi dear
Please check the link. I am so worried if i send my passport now, is there a chance i will get it before 18th that means by 16th atleast
You can either:
1. Mail your passport to the VAC + include your flight tickets and request for expedited visa stamping. You must follow all instructions on what needs to go to the lockbox + what documents must be sent to CSC.

OR

2. If you think CSC might cut it too close for you, you can submit your passport to a VFS/VAC in India.

You can proactively email/contact the VFS India office (nearest to your city) + the relevant visa office in India and request them to allow to submit your passport in India. This is doable/has been done.

Do remember though that you have only 30 days to submit your passport from the passport request

invisible_sk

Apr 5, 2016
You can either:
1. Mail your passport to the VAC + include your flight tickets and request for expedited visa stamping. You must follow all instructions on what needs to go to the lockbox + what documents must be sent to CSC.

OR

2. If you think CSC might cut it too close for you, you can submit your passport to a VFS/VAC in India.

You can proactively email/contact the VFS India office (nearest to your city) + the relevant visa office in India and request them to allow to submit your passport in India. This is doable/has been done.

Do remember though that you have only 30 days to submit your passport from the passport request
Thanks
I appreciate your response.
One last question, do you think if i send to CSC tomorrow with a letter requesting to expedite and flight tickets, they would process it faster??????

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks
I appreciate your response.
One last question, do you think if i send to CSC tomorrow with a letter requesting to expedite and flight tickets, they would process it faster??????
It has usually worked with other VACs (i.e. the VFS ones). I think you'll get your passport back in time for your flight

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Hi guys

Hey were you requested to submit ur passport after PPR by default at Los Angles or New York VAC?
Or was it initially requested to send at the Ottawa VAC and you raised some kind of request to update it to USA?