+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Canada on F-1 visa from US

gjy103190

Apr 25, 2011
Hi,

My friends and I are planning to visit Canada in June. As we are preparing the documents to apply for a visitor visa, I am not sure about the proof of financial support that we need to provide. We will be in Canada for only 2 days, so should we submit our bank statement for the US bank? or the I-20 form that we have which includes the information of our funding will be sufficient to apply for a visiting visa?

Thanks!

gjy103190

Apr 25, 2011
yes.

This trip is planned for my summer break which is only for 1 week. And plus I went to Canada 11 years ago. I just wanted to go and visit some old friends. However this time, I am holding a different status from last time. So I am a little bit confused when apply.

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi,

Make sure you are sending attendance certificate from your school's in international student office, which should mention you are full time enrolled in classes and will be back in fall (if you are on summer off). Dont worry about bank balance, I send printouts of my bank accounts only and that worked. If you are doing oncampus job or internship then its safe to send your latest 2-3 payslips. I send all these documents to get my Canadian Visa during my studies !!!