+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa

Fedrik456

Apr 17, 2006
Dubai, UAE
Could you please some one can tell me, in case when the immigration visa(skilled worker) granting: if the candidate(& family) living or working out side the territory of his home country where he applied. Will Canadian Embassy in home country ask him to get the visa stamped in home country or Embassy of country where they are living?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Fedrik456 said:
Could you please some one can tell me, in case when the immigration visa(skilled worker) granting: if the candidate(& family) living or working out side the territory of his home country where he applied. Will Canadian Embassy in home country ask him to get the visa stamped in home country or Embassy of country where they are living?
You can apply to the CHC responsible for where you are residing if you were ADMITTED to that country for 1 year. If you meet that criteria then that office will issue your Visa (COPR), if you were not admitted for 1 year, then you have to apply to the CHC responsible for your country of normal residence.

PMM

Fedrik456

Apr 17, 2006
Dubai, UAE
PMM said:
Hello PMM,
We were in Saudi arabia for last 5yrs and now move to UAE since August 2005. In that case what will be the answer?

Fedrik456 said:
You can apply to the CHC responsible for where you are residing if you were ADMITTED to that country for 1 year. If you meet that criteria then that office will issue your Visa (COPR), if you were not admitted for 1 year, then you have to apply to the CHC responsible for your country of normal residence.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Fedrik456 said:
PMM said:
Hello PMM,
We were in Saudi arabia for last 5yrs and now move to UAE since August 2005. In that case what will be the answer?

Fedrik456 said:

PMM
Were you admitted to the UAE for 1 year?, if yes then you can apply to London, and it will be your choice if an interview is necessary to have it in Abu Dhabi and your visa is issued probably can be sent either to London or Abu Dhabi.

PMM

Fedrik456

Apr 17, 2006
Dubai, UAE
Dear PMM
High Comm.asking us to pay RPRF by letter/email (mentioned only pending RPRF, before 30 days to pay). I already send the draft by courier to them ETA will be on 26June CMB for courier. Our Medical rpts will be expiring on middle of next month. Will they ask us to submit our passport for visa before medical expiring? Should we wait for reply? How long after RPRF paid we have to wait for visa/COPRA?

Apply:Skilled,Dec2003(CMB)
Interview waived: Jan2005
Medical:July2005, KSA
Current resi:UAE

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Fedrik456 said:
Dear PMM
High Comm.asking us to pay RPRF by letter/email (mentioned only pending RPRF, before 30 days to pay). I already send the draft by courier to them ETA will be on 26June CMB for courier. Our Medical rpts will be expiring on middle of next month. Will they ask us to submit our passport for visa before medical expiring? Should we wait for reply? How long after RPRF paid we have to wait for visa/COPRA?

Apply:Skilled,Dec2003(CMB)
Interview waived: Jan2005
Medical:July2005, KSA
Current resi:UAE
I think that there is a good chance that you will have to re-do the medical. If all is well you would probably would be looking at a passport request, 2/3 months after the medical. You maybe lucky, Buffalo, will extend medicals for those residing in US, and London sometimes for those in the UK, but I have never heard of an extension for person residing elsewhere.

PMM

Fedrik456

Apr 17, 2006
Dubai, UAE
Dear PMM,
Usually High commision, when they are asking any details/Medical check ups etc. giving max 60/90 days from the leter date. In this case why they are giving us only 30 days? It is the same date to end of our medical validity. I heard from other well known sources they stamped visa just before 2 weeks expiring of medical reports.
thanks

Fedrik456

Apr 17, 2006
Dubai, UAE
Dear PMM,
I received a call from CH-home country (5 days ago)to stamp the PR visa and go to Canada before our medical expired, which means only within 7 days. I told him I need time, he informed me bring Flight booking along to make sure we can be there before medical expiry? Unless they will not stamp then to do re-medical. We were very disappointed in this situation, we cannot do all these with this short notice. Clear the currently living place/pack the things/sea freight Canada then to fly to home country /CHC to make visa/ to banks draft etc, how can we do all?. I accept to do Re-medical, he assured will take abt2-3months. This is the Life. My experience will share all others in this great forum.
thnks