+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Validity expires tomorrow

farhadwahid

Aug 4, 2017
Hello,

After 2 years for processing time, I finally received my passport today with the Visa Stamped, but to my shock, the visa expiry date is tomorrow.

Some facts for your consideration:

--> Visa was issued on the 27th July 2017, (as per the visa)
--> It was shipped out of the embassy in Abu Dhabi on the 31st July 2017 (as the courier Air way bill)
--> It reached me on the 4th August 2017.
--> The Visa Expiry date is mentioned as 5th August 2017.

I am currently in Saudi Arabia, with a decent Job, house, car and two kids with their school ongoing.
I am not sure what to do and feel stranded and frustrated at this point. It is impossible to reach Canada, even if I decide to drop my whole life and fly out today (assuming I get tickets).

what should I do ? Can some one please advice.

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
Hello,

After 2 years for processing time, I finally received my passport today with the Visa Stamped, but to my shock, the visa expiry date is tomorrow.

--> It was shipped out of the embassy in Abu Dhabi on the 31st July 2017 (as the courier Air way bill)

I am currently in Saudi Arabia, with a decent Job, house, car and two kids with their school ongoing.
I am not sure what to do and feel stranded and frustrated at this point. It is impossible to reach Canada, even if I decide to drop my whole life and fly out today (assuming I get tickets).

When was your medical exam done?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Hi

You are not the first to have this happen. You need to send an urgent CSE to your VO explaining the situation. IRCC will request your documents back and re-issue them with a new expiry date. They will most likely extend your previous medical but there is also the possibility that they will request a new medical.