19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
meagan99 said:
misplaced modifier is causing confusion.

is your property worth 18 lakhs? or have you availed loan equal to 18 lakhs against the property?

from common sense, it seems latter is true.
@meagan99 and @tusharnayyer: Can you please let me know if you know the answer to my query? Thanks!

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
just one quick question...is there an age bar for student visa? can spouce and minor kids travel along with applicant?
sikanderv said:
@ meagan99 and @ tusharnayyer: Can you please let me know if you know the answer to my query? Thanks!

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
goodmrng1947 said:
just one quick question...is there an age bar for student visa? can spouce and minor kids travel along with applicant?
There is no age bar. For the other question I am not informed enough, meagan99 and informed forum members can elaborate.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

goodmrng1947 said:

1. No age bar for SP.
2. Spouse/minor kids can travel. Must submit their individual applications with your own SP application (in one envelope).

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey man, just read your post; so motivating! haha. Could you please help me out with few doubts of mine? I'll apply at a college under SPP and will buy GIC + pay 7000 dollars as their tuition fee. I'll live with my uncle there who lived just 15 minutes away from the college. My cousin from UK will send the money via western union. My question, will it matter that the money is not mine or my father's? My stats :
83% in 10th
92.8% in 12th Commerce
8 bands in IELTS
Want to do a 2 years diploma in business administration.

do you think I've a strong case? I'm only worried about the money part. It'd be nice if you could reply.
Thanks in advance! :)

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
sidhu_anwar said:
Hey man, just read your post; so motivating! haha. Could you please help me out with few doubts of mine? I'll apply at a college under SPP and will buy GIC + pay 7000 dollars as their tuition fee. I'll live with my uncle there who lived just 15 minutes away from the college. My cousin from UK will send the money via western union. My question, will it matter that the money is not mine or my father's? My stats :
83% in 10th
92.8% in 12th Commerce
8 bands in IELTS
Want to do a 2 years diploma in business administration.

do you think I've a strong case? I'm only worried about the money part. It'd be nice if you could reply.
Thanks in advance! :)
It doesnt matter whose money it is but gic requires that money should be sent from your own bank account in your name and not forex or else the gic would not be issued.

E.g. pnb bank account in.your name to scotiabank - correct

Western union to scotiabank - incorrect

Your profile is excellent, should not be an issue.

If i were you I would have taken bachelors rather than diploma, not only increases visa chances but majority of the Bachelors have paid coop built into it and bachelors are valued.more for further education and job opportunities.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tusharnayyer said:
It doesnt matter whose money it is but gic requirws that money should be sent from your own bank account in your name and not forex or else the gic would not be issued.

E.g. pnb bank account in.your name to scotiabank - correct

Western union to scotiabank - incorrect

Your profile is excellant, should not be a issue.

If i were you I would have taken bachelors rather than diploma, not increases visa chancea but majority of the. Bachelors have paid coop built into it and bachelors are valued.more for further education and job opportunities.
Thanks for the reply. So suppose I deposit the money, received from my cousin via western union, into a newly made Kotak Mahindra bank account in my name. Then I buy a GIC from this account and also pay 6 months tuition fee in advance from this account too. Will they ask about where the money in kotak bank came from?

Haha yes everyone is telling me that I should go for bachelors. Actually, I think it'd be better to get diploma in 2 years and getting the option to join in 3rd year of bachelor's degree. :)

One general question, will I have to show GIC only for 1st year. Don't they need to see 2nd years funds too?

Thanks again! always nice to get advice from people who got the visa! :)

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
sidhu_anwar said:
Thanks for the reply. So suppose I deposit the money, received from my cousin via western union, into a newly made Kotak Mahindra bank account in my name. Then I buy a GIC from this account and also pay 6 months tuition fee in advance from this account too. Will they ask about where the money in kotak bank came from?

Haha yes everyone is telling me that I should go for bachelors. Actually, I think it'd be better to get diploma in 2 years and getting the option to join in 3rd year of bachelor's degree. :)

One general question, will I have to show GIC only for 1st year. Don't they need to see 2nd years funds too?

Thanks again! always nice to get advice from people who got the visa! :)

Yes what you are doing correct. No one is going to check because there is nothing wrong bout it. gic is required for 1 year.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
sikanderv said:
Nice post bro. +1...

I have a query: I'm planning to take education loan against my property of 18 lakhs. And I have about 6 lacs in my savings account. I'm not applying under SPP so it is still mandatory to create a GIC account. The loan amount will easily cover 2 years tuition fee plus 1 year living expenses.
no, in your case, it is not mandatory to use GIC.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
meagan99 said:
no, in your case, it is not mandatory to use GIC.
Thank you meagan99. Have another query: As the bank loan will cover 2 years tuition fee as well as 1 year's living expenses (and I have funds equivalent to another year's living expenses in my savings account), I'm not planning on paying any upfront tuition fees before applying for the visa. I'm planning on getting all this spelled out clearly in the loan sanction letter. Will not paying the tuition and not having a GIC have any impact on the outcome of the visa?

lovish

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
20-6-2014
VISA ISSUED...
031-7-2014
LANDED..........
22-8-2014
hey tushar this is my profiile ..

2009 - 10th - 69 %
2011- 12th - 81 %

2011-2104 ..
bcom 1styear - 76%
bcom 2ndyear - 70%
bcom 3rdyear - 82.2%

aggregate - 76 % (bcom)

ielts - 6 bands overall no band less than 5.5

got admission in lambton college for financial planning wealth management with 1 sem co-op ... total duration of course 2 years....

going to apply under spp ... spp requiremnt for ielts is 6 overall no band less than 5.5 ... no gap in between studies ..

1 sem fees paid ... gic paid .. waiting for gic certificate

plzz give ur suggestion regarding my profile ..

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
sikanderv said:
Thank you meagan99. Have another query: As the bank loan will cover 2 years tuition fee as well as 1 year's living expenses (and I have funds equivalent to another year's living expenses in my savings account), I'm not planning on paying any upfront tuition fees before applying for the visa. I'm planning on getting all this spelled out clearly in the loan sanction letter. Will not paying the tuition and not having a GIC have any impact on the outcome of the visa?
can't really say anything. in the past, some forum members have got visa without getting GIC and without paying tuition.
so, go ahead

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
J5m, tusharnayyer & meagan99 ,

Thank you very much for you reply. i will have to a lot more research now in case i decide to proceed from here. Thanks again, i may have to bother you folks again. Good luck see you around...

J5M said:
Hi,

1. No age bar for SP.
2. Spouse/minor kids can travel. Must submit their individual applications with your own SP application (in one envelope).

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
meagan99 said:
can't really say anything. in the past, some forum members have got visa without getting GIC and without paying tuition.
so, go ahead
Thanks again bro! :) :D

pandehz

Star Member
May 11, 2014
tusharnayyer said:
Well I got my visa for 2 years ( 2 1/2 year actually).

Let me detail what I did step by step.

My profile
10 th = 70.14 %
12 th = 66.18 %
BBA = 51.44 % ( 1 backlog, cleared in next yr)
ielts = 7.5 bands (r-8.5, l-7.5, w-6.5, s-7)
My present location - Ahmedabad

work experience = 3 yrs sales and sales training (Bose corporation)

College - North Island College (2 years Post Degree Diploma in Business Mgmt.)
Location - Comox Valley, Vancouver Island - BC

Potential issues in my profile

- 4 years gap between 10 and 12 ( yes, I was young and wasn't serious about studies)
- Less marks in BBA ( apparently mine was less than 50 %, however it is implied that Visa officials look at the overall university percentage which is summation of theoretical and practical marks)
- Work ex might be potential deterrent as it shows I may not be a serious candidate in eyes CIC owing gap in studies.
- I dont know how much it matters, but when I applied I was 27 and well its always generically understood the more the age the lesser the inclination of studies .

Potential Strong points on my success.

- Good IELTS score - 7.5 bands ( got re-valuated later on and it came to 8 bands )
- Although I said earlier work-ex may be taken as a potential gap in studies but mind you, I didn't work in lala / aaltu faaltu company.
I worked with Bose corp, which is a North American company and hence my work ex doesn't look fake or non credible.
- Although I wanted to take up HR however took up a course which is more relevant to my earlier education and overall work related.
- I applied on 28 May, full 3 months earlier of the programme initialization.

Agent Details.

- Canam
- Satisfaction score - 7/10
- Would I recommend them - Yes and No

Yes - If you are informed student and knows CIC rules and regulations
- If you want the paper work done optimally.
- He didnt charge me a penny.
- Canam is an authorised CIC consultant.

No - If you are not a informed student and would be completely laid back thinking any agent would sail you through.
- You think agent is the messiah and will do all you paperwork.
- You supply forged, inaccurate documents.

I got my Visa in 4-5 days and honestly I wasnt really that excited. I felt at this age this may not be a right decision rebooting my entire career and I am still in that dilemma.
However honestly Canadian visa is straight through if papers are complete and your IELTS is fine

Key pts to success.
- Correct paperwork and right balance showed (GIC and 1 sem fee showed)
- I cannot stress enough to apply earlier as much as possible ( my file was ready by April for May intake and agent pushed me to apply asap but I thought that period would be too short)
- Good IELTS score, I sincerely believe my score offset / balanced any disadvantage on my overall education profile
- Lala company = failure, avoid showing faaltu work ex. Visa officials are experienced enough.

FAQ

How much funds I showed ?

- GIC + 1sem fee approx 16000 CAD

Can GIC be forego-ed ?

- No

Why BC ?

1) Easier residency relative to Ontario.
2) Much better weather.

Why NIC and this programme ?

1) I am expecting this college to be less multicultural = more Canadian experience rather than home away from home experience.
2) 2 years course = 3 PGWP
3) Course is directly related to my field of study and work ex.
4) Has 1 semester internship component.

SOP

I believe SOP is more overhyped than how necessary it is. Canam gave me a generic format which they give it everyone and I just spent 5 minutes and wrote something. Majority of the stuff was allready written which would have been used by thousands of students who would have gone through them. I didnt even explain my gap, just wrote why I chose NIC and my current profile & rewrote some stuff ,thats about it. Dont fret over sop, just keep it condensed. Plagiarism of SOP can lead to your visa rejection hence I am not sharing it.

Is canam really authorised by CIC, CHC, CBA......inshort Canadian govt ?

Since someone point this, well for the info of others

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-success-and-some-faq-t226168.0.html;msg3282537#msg3282537

P.S. According to canam mine was a 50-50 case and chances were not bright. They told me to look at Australia and New Zealand as alternatives. And now they credit my success to above success factors.

Update - They just called me to advise their future students on what to do and not to while applying. My future looks bright as a consultant ;D faaltu mai Canada jaake paisa gavara hun :D

I am flying on 27 august via jet airlines. People going ahead for the same can connect with me. Kindly message me your numbers or alternatively connect with me on tushar.nayyer @ gmail.com

Feel free to ask relevant questions. Ill update important questions on the topic itself.

Thank you.

Is it necessary to attest all my documents?