+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa stamping outside of Canada- share your experience please

fanziyi

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
I have my visa stamping changed to my homecountry China ant got a second Ready For Visa email with new instructions how to send pps. I mailed our passports to Canada visa application center (VAC) in Beijing on April 11. The second day I got a call asking to pay some money in RMB, equal to about 120 Can.dollars. I did that and checked back the Ready For Visa Email and just realized there was a link for visa application at VAC. Strangely, VAC asked for additional documents (including All old expired passports and a form similiar to the form Personal Travel History in addition to what CIC listed (valid passports, photos and the ready- for-visa letter). I got confused and tried to call VAC . It was always busy and never answered.

The second day after sending the money,I received an email saying they started processing my application with a tracking number on 14 April. However the tracking number never worked. So confused

Any one with experience, please confirm, should I sent the additional docs or just wait?

By the way, all our expired passports are placed at a friend' house before we left Canada. Is it ok to mail these passports from Canada to China?

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Since when does CIC call you to ask for money? Was it a scam call? They explicitly warned people regarding this. Official communications should always come in writing (or email, if provided). Something you have firm evidence of.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/internet.asp

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Also, what was the money for they asked you to pay?

Since April 1, 2016, all payments are made electronically via CIC's website, so that you get a receipt of your payment.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/

The only fees you need to pay are the Application Fee, which you have paid already, and the Right for Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) towards the end of the process, if you have not paid it already in advance.

fanziyi

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
OhWow said:
Since when does CIC call you to ask for money? Was it a scam call? They explicitly warned people regarding this. Official communications should always come in writing (or email, if provided). Something you have firm evidence of.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/internet.asp
It was VAC, visa application center, not CIC. I did suspect it was a scam, but they called both me and my sister. I left the phone numbers of mine and my sister's on the return envelop inside the mail I sent my passports. It is unlikely that the two numbers were exposed unless VAC did it. how do you think?

fanziyi

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
OhWow said:
Also, what was the money for they asked you to pay?

Since April 1, 2016, all payments are made electronically via CIC's website, so that you get a receipt of your payment.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/

The only fees you need to pay are the Application Fee, which you have paid already, and the Right for Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) towards the end of the process, if you have not paid it already in advance.
I paid PRPF long time ago in March. The woman told me to pay this money to have my application started.

Onixe

Sep 18, 2014
Not that it will help you in any way, but I'll just share my experience for those who are planning to apply in the overseas visa office. I got visas for me and my spouse last week. There were two options, either to send documents directly to Canadian consulate or to go through VAC. We mailed documents (passports, photos, ready for visa email, and prepaid return envelope) directly to the consulate. It took them just 2 days to stamp our passports and send them back. We didn't have to pay anything extra, so I personally see no reason in going through VAC...

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
fanziyi said:
I have my visa stamping changed to my homecountry China ant got a second Ready For Visa email with new instructions how to send pps. I mailed our passports to Canada visa application center (VAC) in Beijing on April 11. The second day I got a call asking to pay some money in RMB, equal to about 120 Can.dollars. I did that and checked back the Ready For Visa Email and just realized there was a link for visa application at VAC. Strangely, VAC asked for additional documents (including All old expired passports and a form similiar to the form Personal Travel History in addition to what CIC listed (valid passports, photos and the ready- for-visa letter). I got confused and tried to call VAC . It was always busy and never answered.

The second day after sending the money,I received an email saying they started processing my application with a tracking number on 14 April. However the tracking number never worked. So confused

Any one with experience, please confirm, should I sent the additional docs or just wait?

By the way, all our expired passports are placed at a friend' house before we left Canada. Is it ok to mail these passports from Canada to China?
Were you studying at the GLCT a few years back?
Anyhow, why don't you go to the Canadian consulate and ask about this issue, maybe its a scam maybe not, but the officer should be able to assist you in a more professional manner.

fanziyi

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
in my ready-for-visa email, it says clearly the following..........

If you reside in the People’s Republic of China, you must submit your package to the Visa Application Centre in Beijing (please note that only the Visa Application Centre in Beijing can be used for Passport Transmission of Permanent Resident applications):

Canada Visa Application Centre
12F, Tower A, Central Point Plaza,
No. 11, Dongzhimen South Ave,
Dongcheng District, Beijing, China, 100007

kona

Aug 17, 2013
I have exactly the same experience. I think in China for the visa stamp u need to pay 155 rmb. Can u please let me know if u received your passport back?

danielsue

Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-05-2016
Onixe said:
Not that it will help you in any way, but I'll just share my experience for those who are planning to apply in the overseas visa office. I got visas for me and my spouse last week. There were two options, either to send documents directly to Canadian consulate or to go through VAC. We mailed documents (passports, photos, ready for visa email, and prepaid return envelope) directly to the consulate. It took them just 2 days to stamp our passports and send them back. We didn't have to pay anything extra, so I personally see no reason in going through VAC...
VAC in China is not a non-profit organization, instead, it is a company, like a representative that helps you to do the application with service fee.