+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Stamp from outside Canada

nader gamal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Dear Sirs

I applied for my wife sponsorship from outside Canada through Cairo visa office.

Now they requested the passport to stamp the visa, and my wife is now inside Canada since she is holding a multiple entry visa.

Please advise if there any problem to send the passport while she is inside Canada, and also the required personal photos has been taken from a photography inside Canada.

We are planing to do the landing from US borders, is there any issues in that also?

Thanks.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
The PPR should tell you where to send the passport and photos. It should also give you the specifications of the photos.

My PPR said if I was currently in Canada and planned to be for at least three months then I could send the required documents to Ottawa, and gave me the address there to send them to.

I moved to Canada in June and received PPR last month. I had my photographs taken in Canada. I sent everything to Ottawa and had no problems.

I can't answer your last question as I has ESTA which allowed me to enter the US quickly, which may be different in your wife's case.

nader gamal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
I sent all documents to Cairo visa office since I applied from outside Canada.

They already provided me with the address and photos specs, but my question is if it is accepted to be in Canada as a visitor while we are applying from outside Canada? in this case I will send the passport to Cairo office while she is inside Canada then we can make the landing from US border since we have US visa.

Hope my question is clear now.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Not sure if this helps but...

I'm a UK citizen and was living in the UAE at the time I submitted my application (in March). My application was processed through the Abu Dhabi visa office. Whilst my PR application was under process we moved as a family to Canada. This was in June. I updated my address on ecas to my Canadian address as soon as I moved.

I got my PPR from ADVO with an address in Abu Dhabi to send my passport copies and photos to but the PPR document also said I could send the documents to Ottawa if I was already in Canada. As I'd been in Canada for 5 months I sent my documents to Ottawa and they sent my COPR back to my home address.
Does your PPR document give you an Ottawa address to send your wife's documents to?

If you can enter the US with no problem then I don't see any issues doing the landing that way. I drove to the US border to do my landing - no issues at all.

nader gamal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
No they gave me an address in Cairo.

I am not sure if they know that she is in Canada, since in the application we wrote the address in Egypt since this is her permanent address and she is in Canada as a visitor.

I believe that there is no issue about her being inside Canada while they ask for the passport, since she is holding a multiple entry visa and she can go in and out any time.am I right ?

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Do you have a way of getting her passport and COPR back to where you are now?

I believe a multiple entry visa allows her to leave and re-enter Canada without problem. I have a relative from SE Asia with a multiple entry visa and she can enter Canada when she likes with no issue.

nader gamal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Yes I will send the passport by courier to my family in Egypt, they will send it to the embassy, then will send it back to me.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If she is in Canada now, she can submit her passport to CPC Ottawa to process the visa. We just went through the process. On the passport request documents, it will list how to send your passport for applicants already in Canada. You will need to supply a Xpress post envelope that you fill in your current address to return it to with the passport. Make sure you fill it in. It took about 3 weeks to process, including mailing times. Much easier.

If you are going to send it to Cairo, make sure that you have included documentation that the family member can pick it up (I'm sure there is a form, but I can't find it) or else they won't turn the passport over to anyone but the owner/

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
These are the instructions we received....and don't forget to include Appendix C.

Residents of CANADA
If you and all your accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s) and photos to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) and photos together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address.
Recommended Option If passport(s) and photos sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost, send to:
CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa, ON, K1G 4B9
 Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
 Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
 Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.
 Enclose both envelopes with your passport(s) and photos and a copy of this letter.
 You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line: http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
Alternate Option If passport(s) and photos sent by private courier, send to:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1
 If you choose to not provide us with a return Xpresspost envelope, we will return your passport(s) via regular mail (Canada Post Lettermail). Passport(s) will not be returned by private courier. Do not provide any pre-paid courier envelopes: These will not be used.