+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA REJECTED

vimod

Nov 23, 2012
Hi,

Please advice me. I am an Indian Citizen. I came to Canada on a Student Visa and studied for 2 years and now having a valid 2 and half year work permit and currently working at IBM full time. I tried to take my wife on a temporary resident visa and the visa officer rejected it saying they need proof that she will go back and so and so. Am i not eligible to take my wife here. Please advice me what is the right way to do it. I want to bring her here because we could only live together for 4 days after marriage. Please Advice me with this.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Establish the ties she had at home. Eg, if you have a child, leave child with grandparents. If she has work, provided letter from employer and show she only suspends her work. Visa officer has to first set up the tone that she is NOT going back to India and your docuemtns have to make it the other way.

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012 ecas updated om Sep 7 2012
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi,

In addition to what the previous person has advised, also try to show financial ties to India, any land documents in your wife's name would go a longway in establishing this. Also try to show her bank accounts etc, this should prove that she will fend for herself and not be a burden on the canadian government, any fixed deposits that will mature in a year or two will also prove this point very well.

Hope you are successful this time and all the best.

Regards

Jai

harishshk

Nov 21, 2012
Hi,

Did you apply for Spouse Open work permit or tourist visa? I think there are more chances of OWP getting approved than TRV. I applied for OWP and got first stage approval..Maybe you can also try that.

vimod

Nov 23, 2012
Thanks a lot for the advices. I really appreciate your help. One more quick question, Once rejected then when can i reply. how long do i need to wait to reply.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
There is no official time between applications. The circumstances that can prove ties to home are the deciding factor. So unless things changed or you remembered something significant that you did not include in the previous application, it is best to wait until you can address the VO's reason(s) for refusal. Good Luck.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
IF you plan to buy a return ticket, make sure it is refundable in case the the visa is again refused. I don't think having a return air ticket will do much to convince a VO of your ties to your home country. They figure you would either get a refund or walk away from the second half of the ticket. The real ties are property, spouse/children/, well paid, permanent job in your home country, savings and previous pleasure travel out of the country which shows you are established enough to afford holidays.

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Pippin said:
IF you plan to buy a return ticket, make sure it is refundable in case the the visa is again refused. I don't think having a return air ticket will do much to convince a VO of your ties to your home country. They figure you would either get a refund or walk away from the second half of the ticket. The real ties are property, spouse/children/, well paid, permanent job in your home country, savings and previous pleasure travel out of the country which shows you are established enough to afford holidays.

Yes, it really does not help to show home ties. In fact, it makes it more obvious that you are so desperate.